Water leak / dripping in passenger footwell when AC is on

Nigma

Yakshimash!
Reaction score
Website
www.gcp-tech.co.uk
Hi Guys,

I recently had my air con re-gassed - and it was working great during the hot months. However, it freaked my wife out that when i switched the AC on, she would get drips of water on her foot in the passenger seat. Not a lot, but a small trickle. I don't think it's condensation - any thought what could be the cause of this ?

Also, I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but the AC also suddenly stopped working the other day. Only seem to get "normal" temperature coming though. When i switch it on/off i can feel that the compressor is engaging due to the light drop in revs and pedel drops a tad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anand

dunno about these but in most cars thats the heater matrix which causes the leak.

Not too clued up on this sort of thing. I have heard that a pollen filter that needs to be replaced can cause damp/wet foot wells.

most probably air con drain tube, has either come off or is blocked!

Narrowed down the problem after some investigation (Un-related to aircon being on)
Turns out that the trim that sits between the windscreen and the car is not seated properly. For some strange reason, on the driver side it "clips" in but on the passenger side it doesn't want to stay in. I poured some water on the windscreen and saw water getting through and dripping onto the pollen filter.
Can't imagine what other damage water getting into the ventilation system is doing.

Other that using sealant, any ideas what i can do ?

Thanks,
Anand

Was the pollen filter & cover fitted correctly? Just had a look at mine and i have a slight gap between windscreen and trim but have no issues with water getting in.

I have this exact problem. Its not the windscreen rubber dripping through the pollen filter. Its the aircon leak off dripping through the fan. I havent had the time to take it apart to investigate yet.