Does this count as a boost leak?

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
p1020086z.jpg

I fear you may be losing a few psi & a couple of your ponies there Ross, will I tell Grant to expect a visit tomorrow lol

OR you going for some silicone pipe? I know how u engineer types like to replace with somthing better when it brakes, not sure if you get a pre made kit or will need to just buy some of the same diameter?

Ewan.

im suprised that doesnt put your car into limp mode, should be abit careful driving it while its like that, thats the feed for the n75 IIRC

Last edited:
I fear you may be losing a few psi & a couple of your ponies there Ross, will I tell Grant to expect a visit tomorrow lol

OR you going for some silicone pipe? I know how u engineer types like to replace with somthing better when it brakes, not sure if you get a pre made kit or will need to just buy some of the same diameter?

Ewan.

Lol no not coming to see Grant this time mate, Autosave on Cleppie road had rubber hose in so I've just replaced it with that... So much for engineering!! I really really need to get that N75 loom extended and the N75 shifted round to the right side of the TIP.

Na, you won't get any boost loss through that..... Much.

However, you won't have been getting any air to the N75 valve either for actuator control, so that may have helped to counter-act it.

See Ross you've been using up your "car fixing time" painting grill trims rather than the important stuff. lol Just cut the wires for the N75, use heat shrink crimps or solder to whack in an extension then wrap it with some insulating tape then fiber wrap tape to keep it looking factory. Audi do the fiber tape if u need it. If you don't do it I'm going to sneak round your house one night, take your keys and do it myself like a little car fixing fairy lol

Ewan.

IIRC when I had that it made the car run a bit funny and richer, I replaced it with the same size hose designed for fuel line that is much thicker.

I had exactly the same thing and made the car go into limp mode when on boost to long, keeps happening and keep cutting it down but it's going to get a bit short soon lol think need to invest in a replacement silicone soon!

If you don't do it I'm going to sneak round your house one night, take your keys and do it myself like a little car fixing fairy

Why didn't you say so sooner! you should've done it last night, when the car was sat in the drive all night unlocked with the ignition on 2. yep, that was one hell of a flat battery this morning...!

Yea I was thinking was that possible, I would much rather save the pennies right now! Lol where is the easiest place to get some 8pm fuel line?