Uniroyal Rainsports on the S3

StevoS3

Reaction score
I can get 2 uniroyal rainsports with 5mm of tread for £40 fitted each. Just wondering if any one has used them on there S3 before n how well they performed?? Cheers.

Had them on my 8l s3 were a great tyre
and for that money a bargain
Keith

I had them on my Focus and they were pretty disappointing compared to the Conti SC3s I usually had on. Not as much wet grip as a having "rain" in the name would suggest... they did last ages though.

I just had some Bridgestone Potenza RE050 fitted yesterday, quite impressed with them so far, literally brand new, although they were not, with 7mm of tread £50 each, only had the front ones done as have virtually brand new Eagle F1 GSD3s on the back.

Anyone had experience of them?

Stevo how you finding yours so far??

Did you have them on the front or back, also what are the other pair that you have??

Thats the info i was looking for!

Nilz, There (ok) to be honest... Not really anything special, the wet grip is not bad but also not impressive. Only had them on 2 days so not had much time to test them. On the rears I have contisport 2's witch are very impressive in the wet and pretty good in the dry, but, they are a soft compound and they do wear fast... really fast lol but i live in a town FULL of roundabout. its actually that bad they call it polo mint city ha!

I'm toying with a set of Eagles??

Heard lots of good stuff about them... I really want a tyre with the best wet grip as possible!

Had these all round on my CIVIC TYPE R and were brilliant in greasy/wet weather and ok in the dry, so with the way the weather is in this country there a good choice.

Steve, you cant go wrong with a set of Eagle F1s, top quality tyre and no worries with grip, wet or dry, if i could afford them, I would have had a set oon the front as well, but the ones that I got were going at such a good price, it was rude to turn them down.

Steve, you cant go wrong with a set of Eagle F1s, top quality tyre and no worries with grip, wet or dry, if i could afford them, I would have had a set oon the front as well, but the ones that I got were going at such a good price, it was rude to turn them down.

I have eagles all round on mine and although the grip is good they wear quite fast, they have a high rolling resistance so i find them rather noisy.