What is this pipe?

Lee172

GT3071
Reaction score
Hi, i have recently found a leak on my s3..

There is a pipe coming from behind the gearbox which goes under the car round to the front and then back on itself and round to behind the gearbox again. It is mouted on the metal pipe which runs from one intercooler to the other. I believe it said on it 00w40 or 40w00.

Would i be right in thinking this is gearbox fluid? Would it be ok to seal up the leak or get a new pipe? and also how do i top up this fluid? Thanks for any help..

Lee.

Powersteering pipe. Get a new pipe save messing around trying to fix it.

Hi, i have recently found a leak on my s3..

There is a pipe coming from behind the gearbox which goes under the car round to the front and then back on itself and round to behind the gearbox again. It is mouted on the metal pipe which runs from one intercooler to the other. I believe it said on it 00w40 or 40w00.

Would i be right in thinking this is gearbox fluid? Would it be ok to seal up the leak or get a new pipe? and also how do i top up this fluid? Thanks for any help..

Lee.

Trust me, I speak from experience, patching it up won't work.

Get a new one - that's the power steering cooler pipe I think you are on about.

Thanks for the replies, i will replace it when i do my intercooler next week.. does anyone know what fluid i have to put in for the power steering fluid? S3s arent in the book at halfords! is it 00w40?

s3011.jpg

yes if you could r1kvx, thanks.

I am a little confused with this now, is there no way it could be transmission fluid or anything like that? i topped up the power steering fluid about a month ago and after i found this leak the level is still on max?