Email to XS Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye I see what your saying. Hopefully when Welly's cars mapped accordingly and dynoed he will has a good figure round the 270 - 280 mark based on the figures he's got so far from the Liquid.

Just goes to show stage 2 aint pointless and you do get better performance than a stage 1 as many people seem to think stage 2 will give you the same results as a stage 1 car.

Nathan

Ye I see what your saying. Hopefully when Welly's cars mapped accordingly and dynoed he will has a good figure round the 270 - 280 mark based on the figures he's got so far from the Liquid.

Just goes to show stage 2 aint pointless and you do get better performance than a stage 1 as many people seem to think stage 2 will give you the same results as a stage 1 car.

Nathan

I'm still on a Stage 1 Revo map at the moment mate, just with extra timing added from uni settings.... lol. It's making good power from a Stage 1 map.

Not quite dyno proven tho, as liqui, good as it is, is determining power from indirect means, be that airflow and or torque monitor
its not equating to dyno, proven to read std power from std cars

it deffo gained significant torque tho from before.. which was nice to see

I'll be interested to see what happens when it gets run again - I still maintain it was broken..... lol!

Good work welly, hope XS power actualy do change all future DP and not just say they are.

Does anyone know what the downpipe off turbo_revs on ebay is ?

That downpipe is for a A3 with a K03 turbo not a S3 with K04 turbo.

As above - the K04 downpipes have a 90 degree bend in them as the turbo hotside outlet is on the side as opposed to on the underside.

would that turbo revs downpipe fit a quattro by any chance??

also, you know you said the tip cavitating noise has gone welly, what does that sound like? think i might be having the same problem!! such a weird noise under acceleration but i cant for the life of me find out whats making it!!

nice one getting xs to revise their product though, will have helped an aweful lot of people id expect

would that turbo revs downpipe fit a quattro by any chance??

also, you know you said the tip cavitating noise has gone welly, what does that sound like? think i might be having the same problem!! such a weird noise under acceleration but i cant for the life of me find out whats making it!!

nice one getting xs to revise their product though, will have helped an aweful lot of people id expect

Ummmmm - not an easy noise to describe mate. The best I can do is that it sort of sounds like a swan eating bread from the surface of a lake.

But, it doesn't tend to happen until you are getting quite big air flow figures - what sorts of g/s figures are you seeing through yours?

EDIT: No, that won't fit the Quattro 1.8T :(

have you heard back from xs power yet bud...im itching to start playing with my car again and the downpipe and decat is the next thing on the list :)

Sorry for not updating this thread dude - yes I have, they are sending the sample back to their manufacturers to be recreated. They are sending me a second downpipe; - I am going to extends the decat pipe by the ~75mm it needs and then send that back to them also.

Watch this space.

nice one...its strange how you are needing to do the work...you'd think this is something they could do seeing at they are the exhaust suppliers lol

Problem being, to do the work, you need a K04 turbo and a manifold to mate it to handy. Suits me, if they get it all sorted and make the downpipe worth buying, then loads of people on here will get a bargain :)

Happy days.

i hope they are looking after you by giving you one for free ;)

too right mate...hats off to you, when this gets sorted a reckon a load of us owe you a beer!! you'll have enough to last you a lifetime lol

welly... what was you moaning about? looked like a standard excuse to use an angle grinder to me and thats nothing but a good thing baby!

so your provision findings are that the pipe may have gained 20bhp?

welly... what was you moaning about? looked like a standard excuse to use an angle grinder to me and thats nothing but a good thing baby!

so your provision findings are that the pipe may have gained 20bhp?

You bear a good point..... lol

Potentially 20 BHP according to liquid gauge - however that isn't proven. Dyno tests will show real gains - there is deffo more power there though.

love it. busting myths on almost a monthly basis ;)

LOL - Definitely gained 15 g/s on average runs at the very least. It's nice to see improved figures.

as for your map, its not really stage 1 at all any more as it has been tweaked further to suit your motah.

when you gonna go for one of those ko4 hybrids that bill has been posting about lately?

Thats ideally what I want matey I must admit.

In fact, the downpipe is prep work for it as it is deffo needed to do the K04 Hybrid turbo conversion.

I'm trying to cobble together the dosh, however money keeps going elswhere. :(

im such a sad ******* i check this thread everyday for updates...lol

as for your map, its not really stage 1 at all any more as it has been tweaked further to suit your motah.

when you gonna go for one of those ko4 hybrids that bill has been posting about lately?

it is stage 1 fella - dont forget all revo's are adjustable, stage 1,2,3... which is all thats been done to it.. aside from a couple of degrees added by unisettings, which is something anyone can do themselves, if they know what to do.

it is stage 1 fella - dont forget all revo's are adjustable, stage 1,2,3... which is all thats been done to it.. aside from a couple of degrees added by unisettings, which is something anyone can do themselves, if they know what to do.

Get off ASN and enjoy your holiday will you!! (said with love)

:thumbsup:

Nice one on the work welly! know hurry up and get the manifold and sort that out so i can buy one and WMI and get back down to Bills!

put a rocket up their ****...im an impatient sod :)

UK XS Power have stopped selling them on ebay now but they still have them on there website

US XS Power are still selling them on ebay and still on there website

Status
Not open for further replies.