which clutch lads

Haglos

jabba mapped
Reaction score
im having my new gearbox put in on tuesday and im gonna change the clutch will it be ok to go with sachs clutch.
the flywheel and clutch in the car now has only done 20k so im only gonna do the clutch ive seen the sachs clutch from euro car parts will that be ok thanks

lol what is spec 3 and how much
i only have a stage 1 from jabba with no other mods

spec 3 make clutch and flywheels really good google them take a look

Most people on here seem to go for sachs if uprating.
If your not going any further than stage 1, a standard clutch will be fine by all accounts.

where is the best place to get the sachs

I got mine from JBS as part of a group buy on SeatCupra.net.

Note the organic is a lot more expensive than a regular Sachs replacement item. However it is rated to 330 lb/ft (from memory) whereas the standard is something like 300lb/ft, so worth it if you've been remaped and have a 'torquey' car.

I got the organic sachs too, kept oe flywheel and it feels perfect!

Where did you get yours from hoggy? Guessing it wasnt cheap either?

Where did you get yours from hoggy? Guessing it wasnt cheap either?

APS mate, and no it wasn't cheap can't remember what it cost? I'll have a look through all my car paperwork and find out

I got mine from JBS as part of a group buy on SeatCupra.net.

Note the organic is a lot more expensive than a regular Sachs replacement item. However it is rated to 330 lb/ft (from memory) whereas the standard is something like 300lb/ft, so worth it if you've been remaped and have a 'torquey' car.[/QUOT

i see i did not know there was a difference i just checked and i can tell by the price diff as well i cant really afford to spend that much!!!
i was on euro car parts website and im gonna pick out of the luk 1 or sachs 1 which 1 would you go for take a look
Audi S3 Clutch kits - Euro Car Parts UK

Yeah, the one on the ECP website is just the 'regular' Sachs replacement, as I say, I think the torque limit is 300 lb/ft. Was on the APS site earlier and they are quoting £449 plus vat for the Organic, which from memory is about what I paid before the group buy discount.
Sachs Organic High Performance Clutch Kit | APS Shop

I guess you need to decide how clsoe your torque output is to the normal Sachs limit and if you want to take the risk of it going again or not. I knew I was keeping my S3 so worth the investment 3 years ago. THe cost of the fittting is the same, so it is the extra £300 or so for the clutch in the first place.

Last edited:
Just found the invoice:
Sachs clutch cover + Sachs Organic clutch plate - £540, release bearing £37.33

Couldn't tell you how many hours labour as I had a fair bit of other work done too! Wasn't a cheap week!

I beg to differ.........
Valeo clutch's are spot on and so are Borg & Beck.

But having said that Sach's clutch's are too. All top brands. But i sell tones of Valeo's and never have a problem with them.

that is expensive but woth every penny.
i am looking to sell next year as i really want a 2001 onwards s3 in black or red so its not worth my while upgrading the clutch in this car so ill probably replace with one of those 1s