Rear Bumper

Russ

Reaction score
Other than trawling eBay and t'interweb, can anyone recommend a place to get a bumper for a 2001 S3?

Also, would you think it would be worth looking for one with parking sensors already or better to transfer the sensors from the current bumper? They work fine just the plastic are they sit in is scratched up/

Thanks all.

ebay is ya friend mate, im after one at the moment too so you may be bidding against me soon :)

id personally try and get one without sensors as it will be cheaper, polish up the grey insert as you would your bodywork....either that or get it resprayed (the grey panel)

why don't you just buy a new bumper insert?
I assume that the insert is what you mean is all scratched up or do you mean the bumper too?

why buy an insert when he will have to have that sprayed to the correct grey??

I got mine new from Audi, didn't need sprayed at all, it was the correct colour to match all the other plastic trims i.e. the dark grey plastic colour.

hmmm thats weird cos a few have had to have theirs sprayed as it was only primed :/

hmmm thats weird cos a few have had to have theirs sprayed as it was only primed :/

They are black underneath....and it only looks like primer on the top coat of the origonals..? thats why you cant "back to black em" ..lol
A friend as just done all his in satin black, and it looks like it has just rolled out of the showroom, ...im well impressed..a must do for me im thinking

They are black underneath....and it only looks like primer on the top coat of the origonals..? thats why you cant "back to black em" ..lol
A friend as just done all his in satin black, and it looks like it has just rolled out of the showroom, ...im well impressed..a must do for me im thinking

ooh that sounds interesting, suppose it would depend on the colour car as to whether it would work..... wouldnt wana detract from original on mine with it being Dolphin...might work on yours though

How much did you pay for your insert Ross? Was that with holes for parking sensors too?

Ive just bought 06 reg, A4, and have had a quote to get the rear bumper repaired as it is dented heavily, Been quoted £150.00 to get it painted, but considering replacing it instead with a second hand one already painted, How easily do they come off and go back on?