Massive vibration from rear

Sanj

Blue Beast
Reaction score
Hey,

anything over 70 mph I get a vibration from the rear, can be felt in the seats at the front so much that you start to feel a little sick.

I thought maybe balancing, but the guys at northway tyres said my right rear is buckled.
Could this be the only cause of the vibration (Had spacers fitted recently), if so, can a buckle be fixed?

Appreciate any responses.

Sanj

They are hubcentric spacers, they hub was cleaned before they were put on. I know I said before, they needed to be balanced with the spacers on, but that was me being mis-informed!
you can see the buckle very slightly in the wheel as they were balancing it. I guess the test would be to take off the spacers and try, but im a bit sceptical. What do you think?

If the wheel was visibly bent wtf else do you expect?

The wheels bent, its obviously going to create a vibration. Stick the spare on and see if it goes away.

ok then....
the question was can a buckle be fixed?

ok thanks s3dave, they are RSTT's, will start looking for another wheel.

The missus bent a wheel on her Fez, and we managed to get it straightened for 20quid.

No idea who did it, the tyre fitter who noticed it was bent said he knew of a place down the road who could fix it and sorted it out for us.

Question at this point - did it do it before you fitted the spacers?

It didnt vibrate before I had be wheels refurbed. But hadnt done a long journey after they had been refurbed.
Going to test without the spacers tomorrow.

The missus bent a wheel on her Fez, and we managed to get it straightened for 20quid.

No idea who did it, the tyre fitter who noticed it was bent said he knew of a place down the road who could fix it and sorted it out for us.

hmmm interesting.... Might ring a few places then and find out. cheers

if they are genuine wheels then yep you will be able to get it straightened but if they are copies then most of the time they will crack when trying to straighten them. mike

I don't have any Issues with vibration but I was wondering should you use spigot rings with spacers? Depending on spacers?

if they are hubcentic spacers and the alloys fitted are for your car then no spigots are required

if they are genuine wheels then yep you will be able to get it straightened but if they are copies then most of the time they will crack when trying to straighten them. mike

Kool, thats some good news then! the wheels are genuine.....