EM TuningChris Nott
    Blue Beast

Status

Massive vibration from rear

Hey,

anything over 70 mph I get a vibration from the rear, can be felt in the seats at the front so much that you start to feel a little sick.

I thought maybe balancing, but the guys at northway tyres said my right rear is buckled.
    Could this be the only cause of the vibration (Had spacers fitted recently), if so, can a buckle be fixed?

Appreciate any responses.

Sanj
    Current: Nogi Blue S3 BAM ⁞ Andy Mac sub ⁞ Forge 007P ⁞ TT Pedals ⁞ LCR Splitter ⁞ EBC Discs ⁞ Greenstuff Pads ⁞ Forge Short shifter ⁞ Spacers ⁞ Badger 5 TIP ⁞ Jetex Cone Filter ⁞ RTech Stage 1 Remap ⁞ 8P Gear Knob ⁞ N249 Delete ⁞ Oil Catch Can Mod
    Previous: MK3 Golf GTi 16v

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    are you positive the spacers are sitting correctly on the face of the hub?

Blue Beast

Status
    They are hubcentric spacers, they hub was cleaned before they were put on. I know I said before, they needed to be balanced with the spacers on, but that was me being mis-informed!
    you can see the buckle very slightly in the wheel as they were balancing it. I guess the test would be to take off the spacers and try, but im a bit sceptical. What do you think?
    Current: Nogi Blue S3 BAM ⁞ Andy Mac sub ⁞ Forge 007P ⁞ TT Pedals ⁞ LCR Splitter ⁞ EBC Discs ⁞ Greenstuff Pads ⁞ Forge Short shifter ⁞ Spacers ⁞ Badger 5 TIP ⁞ Jetex Cone Filter ⁞ RTech Stage 1 Remap ⁞ 8P Gear Knob ⁞ N249 Delete ⁞ Oil Catch Can Mod

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    If the wheel was visibly bent wtf else do you expect?

The wheels bent, its obviously going to create a vibration. Stick the spare on and see if it goes away.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Blue Beast

Status
    ok then....
    the question was can a buckle be fixed?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    very hard to do and will destroy your paint as it will need heating up..
    dont know what wheels you have but there must be the odd one on ebay or the scrappers?

Blue Beast

Status
    ok thanks s3dave, they are RSTT's, will start looking for another wheel.

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Question at this point - did it do it before you fitted the spacers?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The missus bent a wheel on her Fez, and we managed to get it straightened for 20quid.

No idea who did it, the tyre fitter who noticed it was bent said he knew of a place down the road who could fix it and sorted it out for us.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Blue Beast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Question at this point - did it do it before you fitted the spacers?
    It didnt vibrate before I had be wheels refurbed. But hadnt done a long journey after they had been refurbed.
    Going to test without the spacers tomorrow.

Blue Beast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    The missus bent a wheel on her Fez, and we managed to get it straightened for 20quid.

No idea who did it, the tyre fitter who noticed it was bent said he knew of a place down the road who could fix it and sorted it out for us.
    hmmm interesting.... Might ring a few places then and find out. cheers

1st gear

Status
    if they are genuine wheels then yep you will be able to get it straightened but if they are copies then most of the time they will crack when trying to straighten them. mike
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    I don't have any Issues with vibration but I was wondering should you use spigot rings with spacers? Depending on spacers?
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

1st gear

Status
    if they are hubcentic spacers and the alloys fitted are for your car then no spigots are required
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Blue Beast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpathe View Post
    if they are genuine wheels then yep you will be able to get it straightened but if they are copies then most of the time they will crack when trying to straighten them. mike
    Kool, thats some good news then! the wheels are genuine.....