belt slipping noise when car is cold

audi-tk

Reaction score
not to sure if it is belt or not. put it sound like th ebelt is slipping when i start the car up from cold. like its only for about a second then stops.has anybody else had this problem? thanks

hi a3 8l 1.6 . i read ver some of the threads and it might be the starter motor?? so annoying gettin alot of problemms with mycar :(

It might just be damp/condensation causing it to slip ?

not to sure mate.its always done it when its cold or when its sa there for aover 5 hours. when it turns over and soon as the engine runs then the noise appears for about a second then goes away sounds like a belt but i wouldnt know.could be starter motor. :(

not to sure mate.its always done it when its cold or when its sa there for aover 5 hours. when it turns over and soon as the engine runs then the noise appears for about a second then goes away sounds like a belt but i wouldnt know.could be starter motor. :(

The good old VAG lazy tarter could be the culprit...

The good old VAG lazy tarter could be the culprit...
Just replaced my starter motor due to it making a horrific noise on ignition, seems a fairly common problem as the car gets older the solenoid has trouble disengaging the starter leading to some scary sounds!

Just replaced my starter motor due to it making a horrific noise on ignition, seems a fairly common problem as the car gets older the solenoid has trouble disengaging the starter leading to some scary sounds!

Oh yes, don't they ever. Mine on my A3 went, and I ended up replacing it in the end. Mine was a crack in the casing allowing damp in and it was in the winter which just shafted it.

Metal grindy scary noises.

thanls for the replies/ um whats SAI? im pretty sure it is the starter motor. i dont think anything on the car has been replaced to be honest. how much are starter motors roughly if ya know at the top of ya head peple .thanks

thanks alot. wuld you recomend buyin parts like this from egay though? or a proper parts shop?

thanks alot. wuld you recomend buyin parts like this from egay though? or a proper parts shop?

I get most of my stuff from the bay mate, and not had any problems as yet! Just my two cents, you do what you feel is best, it's your money at the end of the day.

yeh .thing is a brought a starter motor for my xr2i and it went faulty after 1 week and that was from ebay.but the 1 u showed me looks liek its from a proper ebay shop.ill take a look into it cheers for the help

hmm what jus in the cold stages or morning times? sterring doesnt seem any different though.