the endless search

trekbiker

Reaction score
I've been searching sometime now for a Noggy S3 with silver(or beige if this was an option!!) seats. Does anyone know whether there are very few of them out there or is it just that no-one are willing to sell them on?
I'm at the stage now where i have no car, and the wad is burning a hole in my pocket. i've seen plenty of blacks & silvers coming up at the right money though.
The dilemma is folks- should i keep on waiting?? I think i would settle for a ming with silver, but probably not much else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

how much are you looking at spending? fontain have a noggy S3 but with black leather?? you could always try to swap the leather with someone at a later date... thats what im hoping for cause i really wanted silver aswell but cant find any i like.

i considered doing that and trying to swap. i'm really after a 01 plate upwards. I have got a possibility on one fully loaded with black/blue seats, but this would certainly limit the opportunities of swapping the interior. Are silver seats THAT rare??

jedi - I thought the same thing about the alcantara but ended up buying one and really like it. Your bottom will appreciate it very hot/very cold days!

i had alcantara in my TTC 2 years ago, right the wat thru winter, so yes, it does have its bonuses jedi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

leather all the way!!!

In winter...... turn on the heated seats!!
In summer...... turn the climate down to min for a couple of minutes until icey!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i have had 2 golf and 1 corrado VR6 all with black leather, as well as a 323 E46 and very recently an A4 2.5Tdi which, yes, both also had full black leather.
the TT had grey alcantara, and was sweet.
You see why i don't particularly want black cow now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
Jedi

You only have a corrado at present yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

the VW leather is nowhere near a match to the recaros in an essy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
i know...thats why im looking forward to the S3!

do you mean the s3 leather is hotter in summer and colder in winter then??

[/ QUOTE ]

no good asking ne- i'm still looking for one with you dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hey jedi

just seen the car that you are after. maybe i should extend my criteria to black paint also. the contrast looks outstanding doesn't it??

If i were you, i'd try to drive a car with the full leather and also one with the half alcantara. For me, the full leather was just too slippy. Everytime I cornered I could feel myself sliding in the seat. I just didn't feel comfortable.

I've got silver leather but would probably go for black leather/silver alcantara next time (if I go for another S3). It's a much nicer combo than the black/blue. Black/Yellow is nice too, if a little loud, but would only suit a black or yellow car, imo.

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
Hey jedi

just seen the car that you are after. maybe i should extend my criteria to black paint also. the contrast looks outstanding doesn't it??

[/ QUOTE ]

which car was that you saw?? one im looking at is black with black leather...but not sure i'll go for it now as it doesnt have the right audio equipment... and besides... i would still prefer a nice dark blue one..we will see... if i dont have one in a couple of weeks i'll probably wait till the new s3 comes out and the price of the old ones drops even more..plus there should then be more on the market as people upgrade!

I have had a lot of nice comments about my black/blue combination on my black S3. Think it really lifts the interior from being all dark. Would have liked one with Silver Alcantara but looked at a lot of cars and didn't even know that this was available. It's up to you but make sure you see the real thing, it always looks harsher in photos for some reason.

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
Hey jedi

[/ QUOTE ]

which car was that you saw?? one im looking at is black with black leather...but not sure i'll go for it now as it doesnt have the right audio equipment... and besides... i would still prefer a nice dark blue one..we will see... if i dont have one in a couple of weeks i'll probably wait till the new s3 comes out and the price of the old ones drops even more..plus there should then be more on the market as people upgrade!

[/ QUOTE ]

i wont say too much in case there's other potential buyers and you get gazumped. £10,500 ring any bells? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Yes Silver all the way mate!

Have only ever seen on Noggy with Silver, its on here and its lovely.

Heres a pic of mine with the silver.

[/ QUOTE ]

is the body black or ming stevie?

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Yes Silver all the way mate!

Have only ever seen on Noggy with Silver, its on here and its lovely.

Heres a pic of mine with the silver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice car, wish I'd gone for the sun-roof.

However, are they really fury dice attached to your rear view mirror /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have the black/blue leather/alcantara - to be honest I test drove a couple of S3's with full leather and found the leather too slippy. I suppose you'd get used to it though. I must admit though that I prefer the combination I've got at the moment, especially as the cars azure blue, fits quite well.

I'd definately hold out until you find the one for you though.

Hey Trebikker

As much as it hurts to do so I have to tell you that i know where there is what you're looking for arriving at the dealers tommorrow here's the spec

2001 X Reg AUDI S3 1.8 T Quattro Sport (210) Facelift (READ THIS AD)
3 Doors, Manual 6 speed, 52,000 miles, Metallic Nogaro Blue Pearl. Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Seat Lumbar Support, Adjustable Steering Column, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Alloys, Anti-Lock Brakes, Central Door Locking, Centre Rear Seat Belt, Clock, Deadlocks, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Electric Seats, Front Fog Lights, Heated Rear Screen, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Trim, Manual Transmission, Paint Metallic, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Wash/Wipe+Luggage Cover, Safety Equipment, Side Air Bags, Split Rear Seat, Sports Steering Wheel, Sports Suspension, Traction Control System, CD, Climate Control, Computer, Cruise control, Electric windows, Front armrest, Full service history, Head restraints, Sports seats. FULL SILVER LEATHER ELECTRIC RECARO SPORT SEATS,18" 9-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS,BOSE UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM WITH COMPACT DISC,HEATED FRONT SEATS,CRUISE CONTROL,FRONT CENTRE ARM REST !! WHAT A GREAT LEVEL OF SPECIFICATION, THIS CAR LOOKS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING AND IS OFFERED WITH FULL AUDI SERVICE HISTORY SO WHEN YOU HAVE LOOKED AT THE REST COME AND SEE THE BEST !! " WHERE EXCELLENCE COMES AS STANDARD " £14,995.

I would love this my self but can't at present so as you seem so keen, i wont publish the location I'll PM you if its right for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:
Since buying mine two others have turned up in the area /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how far did you travel to get it?

Got it from Fontain Motors. About 2hrs drive from sheep land.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

taffy boy
how much, what year, miles etc if you dont mind me asking. PM me if you prefer

Just come across a Jan 02 Noggy with blue/black seats 30k BOSE, pretty much standard elsewhere. no heated seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Should i go for it??? Its only about 1.5 hours from me, up for about £14.5k Needs new boots very soon, but other than that sounds great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Sounds good eh! Just means sacrificing the desire for silver, but i still get a Noggy with Bose at a very competitive price. i'm sure that i will get it for less as well, the vendor sounds quite mature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
color coded mirrors though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well you can buy my alu mirrors if i get em cause i hate them

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
color coded mirrors though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well you can buy my alu mirrors if i get em cause i hate them

[/ QUOTE ]

Sacrilige! The S3 is not an S3 without alu mirrors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i would never have alu mirrors on any car of mine... no offence but i cant stand them... look like an after market halfords add on... colour coded all the way for me!

Although I like the Chrome mirrors, I prefer the colour coded ones on my Ming blue S3!