ABS Sensor?

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Can anyone help. The ABS warning light and fault message has appeared but today I was driving as usual, applied the brakes and there was a sudden grinding noise from the engine bay and the brake pedal felt hard then grindy, it felt like I had a load of cogs grinding together under my pedal.
Then all was ok again. The pads seem fine. If they were gone I'd hear them scraping all the time. Also lost brake power when it happened.Ive not got VAG com to check either?.

have you had the car parked up for a while ?

No i havnt mate,i replaced the abs sensor with a cheap one off ebay.It worked for a bit then i replaced it with a audi one but still have this problem!..could i of not put it in properly?.or maybe the wire is faulty?.

Could just be a bit of dirt on the sensors Ste, give them clean and see how you get on, if it still happens then you'll need to find out which sensors playing up

Take the wheel off and check the cable sheath for wear. Just had the same problem on Sarah's A3.

Yeah im going to have a look at it again tomorrow,prob take it off again etc and try again!.Could it be the disc it reads from etc if you know what i mean.laterial sensor i think its called

Yeah i did that mate a few months ago but no reply.

Watty how did you fix the problem with the wire mate?

Not sure if 8L is the same as the 8P, but it was worn at the sheath at the thick rubber section. It had come off the location lug and been rubbing, so much so that it had broke the wires, but you couldn't see it.

966d79cf.jpg

783315d4.jpg

Made a repair and reconnected them, taped up and secured properly, then cleared the codes with VCDS.

Will check it out next week to make sure it's still ok.

Yeah its a bit like that on the 8L mate,ill just have to have a look tomorrow and go from there.

mines on as well. but coudl that be becyase i have one 40 proofile tyre and 1 45 tyre on the rear? only noticed it not long ago.

mines on as well. but coudl that be becyase i have one 40 proofile tyre and 1 45 tyre on the rear? only noticed it not long ago.

Need to check the fault codes to be sure but would say so as the tyres will be moving at different speeds so will throw it off and bring up the light.

how do i go about checking the fault codes? does any1 fromt his website do it .cheers

Vagcom is your friend! There's a vcds map with a map of users willing to help. Look for your nearest one and offer some beer tokens. On my phone but will find the link later if no-one else has.

hmmm roughly how much is a check? sorry to ask loads of questions. and be good if ya can show me a link.cheers