Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

How to remove stereo on a facelift S3 - 6 disc for single disc = straight swap????

Can one of you knowledgeable individuals tell me how to remove the radio unit on a facelift 8L S3 (without hacking the centre console to bits with a screwdriver!)?? I've recently bought my S3 and it came with a single CD symphony and I want to upgrade it to the 6 disc changer setup.... am I right in thinking it's a straight plug in swap???

Thanks in advance....
    Mk1 16v G60 - Gone but not forgotten.... Mk1 Haldex AWD in progress.... Audi S3 keeping me entertained....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    You need 2 sets of removal keys which slot into the four slots on the front of the unit. Remove the glovebox first and push the unit from behind once the keys are negaged. The angled sides of the keys should be inserted with the angled sides facing each other. Do not pull on the keys to pull the HU out, push it out from behind. You;ll need 2 pairs of these:
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/cels...ease-keys.html
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status
    Thanks a lot for that, appreciate it.... next question is of course.... how do I take the glovebox out!?
    Mk1 16v G60 - Gone but not forgotten.... Mk1 Haldex AWD in progress.... Audi S3 keeping me entertained....

Status