17 psi with s3, is it too much?

s3withproblems

Reaction score
Some said that over 15 psi is dangerous for an s3, that much pressure breaks the pistons. After chipping mine boosts 17 psi, Am I in danger ? (it doesnt go to limp mode)

[ QUOTE ]
Can said:
Some said that over 15 psi is dangerous for an s3, that much pressure breaks the pistons. After chipping mine boosts 17 psi, Am I in danger ? (it doesnt go to limp mode)

[/ QUOTE ]

17psi is about 1.2 bar... THis aint going to break anything! S3 can handle about 1.7/1.8 reasonably safely althogh i wouldnt want to for any period of time

Rich

Why wouldnt you want to , isnt more boost more hp ?
Also the same one said that even subaru breaks pistons over 15 psi , more comments ?

[ QUOTE ]
Can said:
Also the same one said that even subaru breaks pistons over 15 psi , more comments ?

[/ QUOTE ]

you may get more power but the turbo will be stressed and it will only be a matter of time before it goes.

the standard revo map runs 17psi which is (low boost 9)

i have this setting on mine and does not seem to be stressing too much.

my revo map (98 ron using sps2) boosts to 1.45 bar then slowly drops to around 1.05 bar at 6400rpm

i believe 1.45 bar is about 19psi.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Can said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No... More boost is more torque, not HP. You can increase the boost and make a big difference in torque while barely changing the HP figure.

Rich