Trying to source some cheap bits!

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been searching around the net, not too sure on where is a good place to get some replacement bits!

Firstly, i need a new MAF, i know some places do a kind of trade for your old one? How do you go about this? remove MAF first and post it off or something? and where the cheapest place to do it? Audi do it?

Secondly my DV is not sounding healthy need a new one, where is the best place for a forge one (if its worth the extra dosh!)?

Thirdly looking for some cheap VAC hose - 4mm internal for the N249 trick.

Any pointers, help, advice muchly appreciated :)

Last edited:
MAF, i would suggest nothing but OEM, you have been warned!!

DV, i tried googling first then rang JBS and they price matched..... Awesome and JBS were cheapest when we last bought few months back

Vac hose, i use Mr silicone off ebay for the thicker pipes, would use them for these tooo but there are plenty of places to try

Thanks for the reply,
So go to audi for the MAF? do they do trade in type thing? saw EuroCarParts offering bosch ones? is that not the OEM MAF?

Euro always give you the lijne that its made by the same firm even when it isnt always true....if theirs is Bosch however i would personally ring Euro then ring Audi and tell them you can get it for £XX and see if they will price match..... mine would :)

Great thanks for that! would Audi do the exchange ECP do where they take your old MAF and give you money off a new one? Or is that not the stealers way?

i got mine from eurocarparts it was a genuine bosch maf,
u pay full amount and they send you the maf and then u send your old 1 to them and they will reimburse the money back to you.

That sounds good might try that if i can figure how to take the MAF out (not too techy) lol

As for DV is this the correct forge one - http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13863
Its on offer at the moment apparently :-D good timing for the DV to go if thats correct!
just unplug the wiring connector, and pipes either end, one goes to the airfilter box
yes that will be ok, steve on here sells them too

Cheers Dave ill probably pop over to ECP over the weekend then!

Thanks for the link Animal, i am guessing the spring pressure marked as "tuned" is the yellow spring? and the standard is the green spring?