EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60
  1. #1
    shanejess
    Guest

    POWER RUN AFTER STAGE 2 COMPLETION

    my 2003 s3 has a neuspeed aircone and heatsheild, a 3inch downpipe and decat by pipewerx and the standard cat back, ive had the NEW apr stage 2 remap the one origionally for the leon cupra R done at half price on awesome gti open day a few weeks ago anywayyyyy. figures are 264bhp and 336lbft, i am pleased with the results especially that on the open rd the car feels very strong and brilliant to drive.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
     
  3. #2
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,616
    Thats some torque

  4. #3
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,169
    Thats an amazing amount of torque.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  5. #4
    jdas03's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    597
    Wow how did you get the torque that high! one i got mapped with a mate on a stage 1 had bhp and torque at pretty much same peak (around 235)

  6. #5
    S3 Paul's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,759
    Yes, I will wait until bill or tufty post but... i would be worried about the clutch and rods .
    It will feel very lively with all that torque
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

    I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

  7. #6
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,169
    Paul, you changed you number mate? Dropped you a text earlier.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  8. #7
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    apr software produces huge torque on stage 2

  9. #8
    jdas03's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    597
    That must slam you in your seat! pretty amazing considering i was led to believe stage 2 doesnt produce an amazing difference to stage one

  10. #9
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    I'm not surprised with those figures, driving yours and Daves, the APR map is very strong but smooth at the same time lol
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  11. #10
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,616
    I personally think its not possible hitting that amount of torque with a K04

  12. #11
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    apr software produces huge torque on stage 2
    bring it down, see if it does on my dyno
    apr run a shed load of timing on the cars i have logged.. cf's >6
    not my bag

    would be interesting to see one on my dyno as a comparison... not seen any k04 based turbo make much more than 300lbft yet
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  13. #12
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    nope we've seen plenty claim...none have proven it

    Awesome's rollers are amazingly kind - its a wonder they still get customers using them with their reputation
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  14. #13
    s3_kev's Avatar
    Stage2'd!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,984
    i had 312 lb/ft torque on AMD rr but when using vagcom only managed a peak of 260 lb/ft so im susspect of rr after bill's rollers seem to have very similar figures to what vagcom give out.
    from my recent logs using my mbc seems the more boost the more torque you can achive so im guessing you have high boost aswel as timming pull as bill has already said about?? my car was boosting 25 psi initially after my remapp at AMD guess thats how the torque was so high..

  15. #14
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by shanejess View Post
    my 2003 s3 has a neuspeed aircone and heatsheild, a 3inch downpipe and decat by pipewerx and the standard cat back, ive had the NEW apr stage 2 remap the one origionally for the leon cupra R done at half price on awesome gti open day a few weeks ago anywayyyyy. figures are 264bhp and 336lbft, i am pleased with the results especially that on the open rd the car feels very strong and brilliant to drive.
    as you can see not many APR fans here.....well done with it anyway, did you get the switchable maps?

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    61

    POWER RUN AFTER STAGE 2 COMPLETION

    What figures would you expect from a k04?

  17. #16
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Awesome's rollers are amazingly kind - its a wonder they still get customers using them with their reputation
    I think that is a bit of an unfair statement, have you been? rolling road maybe happy like most are, but there service is second to none...
    if you look at his hp it is more than believable so why would they "up" the torque ?
    this new map that hes just had done, as made better use of the vvt and as shown cracking results with the cupras
    Last edited by s3dave; 12th August 2010 at 21:31.

  18. #17
    s3_kev's Avatar
    Stage2'd!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    as you can see not many APR fans here.....well done with it anyway, did you get the switchable maps?
    im not being anti APR probably is a very good, im just dubious of the final rr result... i hated my AMD mapp due to over boost on intial mapp which was throwing up similar figures of the APR above but now i have sorted my issues recently the car is now as powerfull as ever even with lower figures as worked out on vagcom, only real way of testing is going for dyno lottery on AMD rr again i guess...

    to op
    when was the map done on the day of the rr or was it just a rr you went there for???

  19. #18
    finesse's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London / Anglia
    Posts
    2,814
    some torques right there

  20. #19
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    The map was put on when Awesome had the Detailed show on the 1st Aug, Shane had an AMD Stage1 map before the APR went on and i think it was close to 300lbs then, the AMD map was nice but it felt like the boost came in early then died off as it got nearer 5000rpm, the APR seems to pull a lot stronger and feels as though it using the whole rev range
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  21. #20
    s3_kev's Avatar
    Stage2'd!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    The map was put on when Awesome had the Detailed show on the 1st Aug, Shane had an AMD Stage1 map before the APR went on and i think it was close to 300lbs then, the AMD map was nice but it felt like the boost came in early then died off as it got nearer 5000rpm, the APR seems to pull a lot stronger and feels as though it using the whole rev range
    be interesting to get mine re rr then as mine is now holding 20psi to redline with the mbc might be able to get the mapp tweeked??

  22. #21
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    bring it down, see if it does on my dyno
    apr run a shed load of timing on the cars i have logged.. cf's >6
    not my bag

    would be interesting to see one on my dyno as a comparison... not seen any k04 based turbo make much more than 300lbft yet
    Does what? APR are every big tuning house....worldwide, not some fly by nights, so with all respect, i think they will no a thing or two about it, and like said made a breakthrough with the stage 2 on the cupras http://www.goapr.com/company/
    Last edited by s3dave; 12th August 2010 at 21:48.

  23. #22
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    Rolling road day at Bills would put all are minds at rest
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  24. #23
    s3_kev's Avatar
    Stage2'd!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,984

  25. #24
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    I think that is a bit of an unfair statement, have you been? rolling road maybe happy like most are, but there service is second to none...
    if you look at his hp it is more than believable so why would they "up" the torque ?
    this new map that hes just had done, as made better use of the vvt and as shown cracking results with the cupras
    no offence Dave but you really are missing the point, yes i have been and experienced Awesome top service...but it is a simple fact that their rollers are extremely economical with the truth when compared with most companies...this isnt me having a go, it is indeed FACT

    I am no APR hater but the figures you are seeing here are fiction based on lots more accurate testing that has been carried out by what are highly regarded 'better rollers' in the market place.....

    APR like Revo are extremely large, but in my experience larger companies like these tend to air on the side of caution, they are large because they dont tread too close to the line in terms of reliability....so to see rod busting torque figures like these, you kind of have to ask yourself question.

    I know you aint daft.... but if you visit K&N's site it probably tells you their panel filter will give you 5+ bhp, now tell me thats true...yet K&N are massive
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  26. #25
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,616

    Talking

    The Revo hater chips in

  27. #26
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    heehee Mon Sir

    CC will be gone soon
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  28. #27
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    Humm... maybe I should organise a dyno day for 8L's at Bill's

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  29. #28
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    no offence Dave but you really are missing the point, yes i have been and experienced Awesome top service...but it is a simple fact that their rollers are extremely economical with the truth when compared with most companies...this isnt me having a go, it is indeed FACT

    I am no APR hater but the figures you are seeing here are fiction based on lots more accurate testing that has been carried out by what are highly regarded 'better rollers' in the market place.....

    APR like Revo are extremely large, but in my experience larger companies like these tend to air on the side of caution, they are large because they dont tread too close to the line in terms of reliability....so to see rod busting torque figures like these, you kind of have to ask yourself question.

    I know you aint daft.... but if you visit K&N's site it probably tells you their panel filter will give you 5+ bhp, now tell me thats true...yet K&N are massive
    lol k&n did well because it was one of very few that did them back in the day, until people started testing them with the computer age.
    i dont think apr would have got where they are buy treading carefully, tuning houses need to constantly develop to get the respect and trust, not just from joe bloggs but the racing scene, and if that means pushing the engines they will, i think most have a clause in the paperwork saying they are not liable for engines vapourising unless it was a direct fault in the map
    I did not say anyone was a apr hater, i said not many fans, dont forget apr remaps are not cheap, i think mine was 600 + for stage 1 a few years ago
    we all know about the dyno lottery, but what suprises me with the OP figures is the hp is very believable so why would the torque be miles out?
    dont want to argue with anybody but the OP as prob just spent a fortune to be told its a load of crap...(not in them words...lol) some, just judging by past posts etc

  30. #29
    Dansmith's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    459
    Its funny every time there seems to be an argument on this forum it seems to have the same person involved...

  31. #30
    Chlippo's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada/USA/Lebanon
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Humm... maybe I should organise a dyno day for 8L's at Bill's

    <tuffty/>
    Audi at the Badger5= AATB event
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

    For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

  32. #31
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    Its funny every time there seems to be an argument on this forum it seems to have the same person involved...
    lol.......who?

  33. #32
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Does what? APR are every big tuning house....worldwide, not some fly by nights, so with all respect, i think they will no a thing or two about it, and like said made a breakthrough with the stage 2 on the cupras http://www.goapr.com/company/

    ...and with due respect mate Bill is not a fly by night either and also knows his stuff... been in the game a very long time and has experience of pretty much all the major tuners in the UK....

    As for a breakthrough, using the VVT in a map isn't really a breakthrough... the option has been available on standalone ECU's for a while, Custom Code use it in their VVT Attack software and one of the most powerful 1.8t based engines (in a Mk2 Golf) uses it to aid spool of a very large turbo....

    336ftlbs of torque is very high for a K04 but I would imagine that figure is at the top of a very large spike and certainly not available through most if any of the rev range... be interesting to see the graph for that...

    People go on about peak figures all the time... 300bhp and over 300ftlbs sounds great down the pub but if you actually analysed how its delivered you may actually find you only have those figures for 1000rpm max and the rest of the time its a 250ftlbs engine....

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  34. #33
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,455
    you guys make it so difficult for people like me trying to decide wha map to get!!! grrrr

  35. #34
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    ...and with due respect mate Bill is not a fly by night either and also knows his stuff...

    <tuffty/>
    did i say bill was a fly by night? ...no, please read the post carefully.....i know bill knows the game very well..and have all respect for that.

  36. #35
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I personally think its not possible hitting that amount of torque with a K04
    We've seen plenty of cars hit above and beyond that level of torque on the KO4's, Around 5 or 6 of the guys on the TT-Forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    bring it down, see if it does on my dyno

    would be interesting to see one on my dyno as a comparison... not seen any k04 based turbo make much more than 300lbft yet
    I'd be interested to see as well! Like I say, we've had plenty of our customers with the APR KO4 Software on other peoples rollers hitting the right figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    nope we've seen plenty claim...none have proven it

    Awesome's rollers are amazingly kind - its a wonder they still get customers using them with their reputation
    I find that a bit of a far fetched comment... I'm not sure where you've heard about our 'Reputation' unless it's come from customers going straight to the forums when they have an issue, rather than contacting us and giving us the chance to solve any issues before they go any further?


    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    Rolling road day at Bills would put all are minds at rest
    Sounds like a Plan Sandip! I'll speak with John in the workshop to see if he's willing to do the mileage for a road trip/rolling road day down to Bill's place! He runs an APR Stage 2+ LCR.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    but it is a simple fact that their rollers are extremely economical with the truth when compared with most companies...this isnt me having a go, it is indeed FACT
    If that's fact, then why is It I'm constantly bombarded with 'p*ssed off' Skyline/Cosworth owners on rolling road days telling me that their car is putting our 100bhp more than our rolling road has told them it is doing? I'm not gonna say our rolling road is 100% Accurate, but then show me a rolling road that is??? I took my Front wheel drive generic VAG car (bora) to another tuner for a rolling road session and their rollers showed an amazing 29bhp loss between wheels and Transmission... I know, and I'm sure that ain't right for a 185bhp car... Considering it normally only sees around 10bhp transmission losses.

    Rolling road power results should be taken with a pinch of salt. You're never going to see a perfect figure of what your car is doing. Especially since when you drive on the road, You don't load up at 1500rpm in fourth and take it all the way to the Redline! or at least I hope you don't!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    Its funny every time there seems to be an argument on this forum it seems to have the same person involved...
    If forums didn't exist where would people argue? Imagine how many bar brawls there would be

    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    People go on about peak figures all the time... 300bhp and over 300ftlbs sounds great down the pub but if you actually analysed how its delivered you may actually find you only have those figures for 1000rpm max and the rest of the time its a 250ftlbs engine....
    You are exactly right!

    Too many people make the mistake of looking at the 'Numbers' rather than looking at the curves!

    **Edit**

    Just found out Shane didn't even have his Rolling Road power run done here at Awesome.
    Last edited by AwesomeAl; 13th August 2010 at 08:32.

  37. #36
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    did i say bill was a fly by night? ...no, please read the post carefully.....i know bill knows the game very well..and have all respect for that.
    Not directly mate no but within the context of the quoted reply of your post it could be misunderstood as such... anyway, do not want to get into a crappy debate about it... thats the trouble with reading forum posts when you are tired lol...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  38. #37
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Does what? APR are every big tuning house....worldwide, not some fly by nights, so with all respect, i think they will no a thing or two about it, and like said made a breakthrough with the stage 2 on the cupras http://www.goapr.com/company/
    APr not fly by nights of course not... however....
    log the timing and fueling and see the 0.75 fueling and CF's >6 - its there - All stg2 have been the same in this respect


    This is'nt a dig at APR, they do good work, BUT, in the context of my post you have quoted back at me, I have yet to see a k04 car (of anyones tune) make >300lbft on my rollers, hence the offer, bring it down and run it.. I am genuinely interested to gather info on what these cars actually do vs what others "say/claim" they do. If they make >300lbft, brilliant, subject to the worry about rods of course.
    Last edited by badger5; 13th August 2010 at 08:58.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  39. #38
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    lol k&n did well because it was one of very few that did them back in the day, until people started testing them with the computer age.
    i dont think apr would have got where they are buy treading carefully, tuning houses need to constantly develop to get the respect and trust, not just from joe bloggs but the racing scene, and if that means pushing the engines they will, i think most have a clause in the paperwork saying they are not liable for engines vapourising unless it was a direct fault in the map
    I did not say anyone was a apr hater, i said not many fans, dont forget apr remaps are not cheap, i think mine was 600 + for stage 1 a few years ago
    we all know about the dyno lottery, but what suprises me with the OP figures is the hp is very believable so why would the torque be miles out?
    dont want to argue with anybody but the OP as prob just spent a fortune to be told its a load of crap...(not in them words...lol) some, just judging by past posts etc
    are you seriously telling me they are great because of what they used to charge? please tell me you aren't that deluded. And how can you cross compare their generic maps with that of the race teams? seriously Dave you need a reality check fella....if you think their stage 1 or 2 for that matter doesnt have parameters which limit the franchisee then you need to get to a beach and bury your head in shame......you sound like you've been 'sold' so i'll leave it there - somebody may tell you later in life that being open minded is a part of growing up, your choice if you choose to listen.

    Awesome - i am actually impressed that you have responded, not many tuners stick their necks out...... i'm sure you will completely understand that opinions are formed based upon the facts in front of you and historically your runs (on Audi-Sport) always seem to be much more generous than the next tuner, the last RR day i went to at Prodrive in Manc, there were a few there who had the same unprompted opinion.... if that isnt true then i apologise but as you know, bad news travels faster than good news and in this instance it isnt currently in your favour
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  40. #39
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeAl View Post
    Sounds like a Plan Sandip! I'll speak with John in the workshop to see if he's willing to do the mileage for a road trip/rolling road day down to Bill's place! He runs an APR Stage 2+ LCR.
    I am up for this.. Great idea.. to correlate/compare rollers on same car.

    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeAl View Post
    I took my Front wheel drive generic VAG car (bora) to another tuner for a rolling road session and their rollers showed an amazing 29bhp loss between wheels and Transmission... I know, and I'm sure that ain't right for a 185bhp car... Considering it normally only sees around 10bhp transmission losses.
    you of course comparing single large inertia roller with a twin roller? where rolling resistance sat in 2 rollers is higher drag, but both during power and coastdown, so the atw measurement + losses does equate to the same number. The losses on your dynojet cant compare to twin rollers, so that comparison is'nt valid to me.

    An example of a test car, which is known to be consistent, honda vtech, book figures of 225ps/150lbft



    Another comparison of K04-revo stage 1 S3, Hybrid CRk04 B5 stage 3 audi S3, LCR GT30 stage 3 B5 - so losses etc, torques etc can be seen



    and for good measure to keep this light hearted of course.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  41. #40
    S3 Paul's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Humm... maybe I should organise a dyno day for 8L's at Bill's

    <tuffty/>

    Erm...HELLO ! i mentioned this awhile back but neither you or bill took the idea up.
    I would be more than up for it.
    See how "happy " JBS rollers are
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

    I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO