Exhaust Manifold I Think Its Cracked :(

Dazboss

Like A Thristy Dingo ;)
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just been and had work on the A3, ive had 4 x new injector seals, crank sensor & lambda sensor. But found that there is a leak in the exhaust before the downpipe.

I've found some stainless exhaust manifolds on ebay see below. But im not sure if i need 2 ports or just one. Does anyone have any pictures of these on the car or replaced one before.

Also has anyone replaced it with a stainless / performance manifold & if so what difference does it make if any. I've had good gains before with uprated exhaust manifolds :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-1-8-20V-T3-Turbo-Exhaust-Manifold-94-01-/400141664723?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM#ht_1124wt_704
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-TT-A3-A4-S3-1-8-20V-T3-TURBO-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-BN-/130419668317?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM#ht_2556wt_994

dazboss.... with your injecter seals, how much were they?? i checked mine yesterday, 3 aand 4 had gunk around them, so i cleaned around them. nothing has come back yet. hard to fit??

Sorry to hear that mate... did say at AITP that it could well be the mani but I would check the gasket between the turbo and the mani first.... K03 manis are easy enough to remove, the lower nuts either side of where the turbo is bolted to the mani being the main PITA's and second one in at the bottom from cyl 1 as the water pipe is in the way a bit... easy enough to unbolt to move out the way though as is the turbo...

Get yourself a mani/head gasket and mani/turbo gasket and remove the mani... I would put bets on the gasket but at least you will be able to inspect the mani once off

Make a note of the orientation of the mani/turbo gasket as it only goes on one way... save a lot of fiddling...

<tuffty/>

ive seen cracked ones. is it actually bolwing any gas out tho? from cold?

Im not sure, i can just about see that the left side of the mani is black (as you look from under towards the front). Where is the best place to get a new mani ether standard or performance one from ?