AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Diesel Performance Chip view please

hello any1 fitted one of these Diesel Performance Chip on ebay item 290454771733 priced at Ł59.99 any1 got one and any views on how good they are would like more power from my 110bhp audi a3 tdi but dont want to cause problems do they realy work and any one had a bad problems caused by fitting these advise and info please thank you mark

2. # ADS
    ADS

Alex

Status
    That's bloody good value for money if it does what it says on the tin, as it's not far off the power from a remap which is Ł200 more. Remap would be 150bhp 240lb/ft. I remap would be better power delivery etc but for Ł60, why not.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

4th Gear

Status
    Total waste of money, better to get a remap

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

1st Gear

Status
    i read the feedback and only four was neg could be they just aint set it up but i dont want to create problems ?

1st Gear

Status
    have you tried these then ?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I've been running one on my Passat TDI for approx 80k miles with no problems. A remap is still a better bet, but you need to pay for it. The tuning box I have is switchable from inside the dash, so I can run it with standard or chipped power, I switch it off when there's ice or snow on the roads.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I've been running one on my Passat TDI for approx 80k miles with no problems. A remap is still a better bet, but you need to pay for it. The tuning box I have is switchable from inside the dash, so I can run it with standard or chipped power, I switch it off when there's ice or snow on the roads.
    wow something for performance on ebay that isnt trash? was it this exact one uve been running?

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - ÂŁ2500 Mods Inc

Chugger

Status
    doesnt it just fiddle with maf readings?

I would say go for a proper chip as they will diagnose any problems before they do it. I had my old golf gttdi 110 done and it made the power delivery alot better. Think mine made a dubious 140, a true 150 is doubtfull in my opinion
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    wow something for performance on ebay that isnt trash? was it this exact one uve been running?
    Haha, I didn't buy mine from ebay, I was suggesting I have one, and it DOES work. Can't see the ebay one being any different in operation though.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Haha, I didn't buy mine from ebay, I was suggesting I have one, and it DOES work. Can't see the ebay one being any different in operation though.
    well ur one was probably researched properly etc. the ebay one is probably one of those Ł10 "UBER POWER RESISTORS!"... in a box

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - ÂŁ2500 Mods Inc

1st Gear

Status
    thankyou to all your responces looks like i leave it for now and do it the correct way with a remap as so many of you say thats best thankyou all mark