How to paint my Brembo's? Powdercoat? Stove enamel?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Well i'm confused people. I need to get my Brembo's painted but i don't know whether to go for powder coating or stove enamel? I've heard powder coating requires me to get new seals which is an **** ache. Stove enamel i haven't heard of before but is supposed to be very good. Can anyone give me advice on what to do please :)

I need to get these done asap so i can get them on the car next week hopefully!

Thanks!

Im kind of in the same boat...
My local body shop said propper car pint and lacquer ( not aerosol ) baked on in the same kind of oven used to paint a car would be fine...
Im not sure though. Stripping ( and possibly splitting ) the caliper doesnt apeal to me.

There used to be a good guide for refurbing brembos on seatcupra.net, worth a look. Also saw another good guide on one of the mitsubishi lancer forums. Cant find the links at the minute.

I've had rocker covers done by a bodyshop before, normal paint for the body then baked, they stood up to the engine temps fine so it should be ok for calipers aswell.

Ewan.

I saw a guide on MLR that said as its normaly the laqure that flakes you could simply rub this down and re spay clear coat over it...Saving time and money ( not to mention getting hold of the right size stickers )
Im sure it said something about doing them on the car using baking tin foil to cover ( mask) all the areas that dont want to be all shiney from the new paint...

I used hammerite on my standard callipers and they never flaked or discoloured..apart from brake dust on them

saw someone on the tt forum a while ago do it with hi temp engine paint and laqure.looked very good and had new decals from ebay.
need to do mine aswell. let me know how you get on?

Well me and my friend bought high temp metallic red paint from Halfords and sprayed them. They turned out Matt red!! The can says metallic but the little writing on the back says it has a matt finish, DOH!

I'll probably just give them in for stove enamel. I've been quoted £30 a caliper and tbh i want to get these on as soon as without all this DIY playing around. I'm going to see the guy on monday so i'll let you know how it goes from there. :)