Remapping back to standard

Eddie99

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've come across a slightly better s3 for decent money but it has been mapped to give a supposedly 270bhp. Unfortunately insurance is bad enough, so is it easy to get it remapped back to standard by audi for a reasonable sum? Has anyone else done this?
Thanks

The only way Audi can remove a remap is if they had a softwear update available for your engine ECU which as far as I know they don't. Any tuning company that does remaps should be able to flash a generic standard map into your ECU which should take care off it.

Ewan.

Great advice guys, and what will you tell your insurance companies in the event of an accident caused by yourselves in your non declared mapped car, when you are at fault?

They will most likely void your insurance and leave you to pick up the pieces on your own, so the premium to declare the map is for piece of mind, which is a small price to pay in my opinion.

Great advice guys, and what will you tell your insurance companies in the event of an accident caused by yourselves in your non declared mapped car, when you are at fault?

They will most likely void your insurance and leave you to pick up the pieces on your own, so the premium to declare the map is for piece of mind, which is a small price to pay in my opinion.

I wasn't aware insurance companies went into checking the ECU's on damaged cars. What would happen if you genuinely didn't know your car had been mapped?

J

Unfortunately im in Essex so a fair old whack from Glos, Also obviously a map is not the same as having a external mod done, so even if you write of the car. Will the engineer be able to pick out a remap? As said, what about if you bought a car unknowing its been remapped...

shouldnt be able to tell its had a remap in the worsed case of having an accident so I am with the others... DONT tell the insurance company and you will be fine... plus why do u want to waste a nice 270bhp to go back to a standard ?....:shrug:

I don't want to, only thought was insurance purposes.

I wasn't aware insurance companies went into checking the ECU's on damaged cars. What would happen if you genuinely didn't know your car had been mapped?

J

I personally think that's a different topic altogether, and it has been dicussed in detail in the past, if not recently. The fact of the matter is, it's not good advice to tell other members on a public forum to not declare something you know it's there, if you genuinely didn't know your car was mapped or modified in anyway, you wouldn't need to ask the question in the first place right?

Cheers,

Joe

I personally think that's a different topic altogether, and it has been dicussed in detail in the past, if not recently. The fact of the matter is, it's not good advice to tell other members on a public forum to not declare something you know it's there, if you genuinely didn't know your car was mapped or modified in anyway, you wouldn't need to ask the question in the first place right?

Cheers,

Joe

Fair comment. Well said.
J