Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    8L > 8P > 8V

Status

Retrofit Cruise Control and DIS?

Is it possible to retrofit the DIS system. I have a screen that says 'OK' when I turn the car on, but doesn't have MPG or anything like that.

Also, can I retrofit cruise control, even if retrofitting the DIS isn't possible?

Thanks
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    You can retrofit Cruise Control, costs about 100, if you do a search on here or even on google, you can get all the info there....

The DIS, can be done, but will cost you an arm and a leg and will probably have to change your whole cluster.

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Ah ok, I'll do the cruise control, not too bothered by DIS. So I can definitely fit it, if all I have is a drive by wire throttle?
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Administrator

Status
    You can retrofit cruise for a few quid if you have DBW (electronic) throttle control. You buy the stalk/electrical connections and then code it in with VCDS (VAG-COM). If you don't have drive-by-wire, and you have a pre-facelift cable-throttle (analogue, old-skool mechanical (string tied to the pedal litterally pulling at the throttle valve)); you can retrofit cruise, but it's a bit more of an investment both in pound notes and sweat. Your 02 plate will by DBW, so it's the 'easy' way... A search will probably yield loads of useful information (in this forum, and the VCDS/VAG-COM section too I'd guess) - there might even be stuff in the FAQs...

One thing you can do, which is completely free, though... Change/remove that sig .gif - I'm not going to sit here measuring it to see if it fits exactly within spec of the rules or not, as we both know it's a bit OTT...

Cheers,

Rob.
    Last edited by FactionOne; 11th August 2010 at 14:27.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.