JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

k04 turbo into an A3

Hi all.

I've recently recieved a brand new K04 turbo for my 1998 A3 T, after discussions with some knowledgeable people off here I think I can manage fitment.

All I need now is a standard S3 / TT manifold; and a larger exhaust so the turbo doesnt overheat due to increased back pressure -

can anyone reccommend, as I dont want to fit a 5" Blitz. Id rather keep looks and sound standard - I thought perhaps an S3/ TT backbox and a fabricated mid section + cat?

(ps if anyone has these parts spare email me! ukjungalist@hotmail.com)

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: k04 turbo into an A3

[ QUOTE ]
    AndrewUkR6 said:
    Hi all.

I've recently recieved a brand new K04 turbo for my 1998 A3 T, after discussions with some knowledgeable people off here I think I can manage fitment.

All I need now is a standard S3 / TT manifold; and a larger exhaust so the turbo doesnt overheat due to increased back pressure -

can anyone reccommend, as I dont want to fit a 5" Blitz. Id rather keep looks and sound standard - I thought perhaps an S3/ TT backbox and a fabricated mid section + cat?

(ps if anyone has these parts spare email me! ukjungalist@hotmail.com)

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Milltek all the way. They even do a system that the tailpipes remain in the stock location like the original (i.e behind the bumper) Increasing bore is the only way to make it more free flowing, and doing this is almost guarantteed to increase noice, but the sound outside the car is not at all loud so doesnt really make people look too much.

Cheers

Rich