Finaly gave engine a quick wipe over...I think its ok for a daily

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Well after looking at some of the pictures on here i felt shamed into trying to freshen up my bay...
Remember the car is used every day without fail so it isnt a show car...
Cleanengine1.jpg

Cleanengine2.jpg

Cleanengine3.jpg

Cleanengine4.jpg

Wheres the afters pics :moa: LOL, only messing mate, looks good, well done :)

What did you use??

It's not just under the hood that appears to look mint.

My front bumper has many stone chips and I would love to have that mirror finish.

Thanks people.
The pipe that is on top of the TB..
I will measure it later when i go to the car.
The original pipe had cracks and splits starting in it... so rather than wait for another boost related leak i sorted it in the way you can see.

I found most of the little buggers ,
Clean means fast... so i must have added at least 5 bhp!

looks good mate as for being a daily thats a poor excuse every car should be as clean as yours, i use mine daily yet its still a show car ish, hate people who build there car then just polish it every show they go to its cheating!!

I try to get out and clean it properly atleast once a week but this is the first time since fitting the engine ive tryed to clean it under the bonnet

Show off

looks very tidy :icon_thumright:

I actualy used a detailing brush i normaly use on my wheels and a diluted gold class shampoo in a megs spray bottle.
Worked from the back of the bay towards the front. Filled another bottle and rinsed . i wanted to try and avoid over wetting . i then cut a cheap sponge into 3 and wiped things over .
I used megs tyre gel very sparingly on a sponge to dress the black areas and then the silicones too. by not over aplying i hope too much dust will not stick everywhere.
Fingers crossed

I think the pipe to the TB is 8 or 10mm, think more so 10mm, i changed mine the other day.

The pipe is 8mm. Ive just nipped out to measure it,