Do you have to reprogramme srs module when you fit a new airbag?

kev_a318tqs

Reaction score
Do i have to reprogramme it or just delete the fault code? because my fault code is not going away. ive checked wiring so it might mean a module aswell. Also can anyone get info of what resistance the airbag should be? Im quessing someone on the forum must have changed one.:ermm:

try resetting the faults/errors...if the light goes off then it was an easy fix. If not then you have to readapt the new airbag/module

have you got any fault codes??? or are you guessing what the fault maybe??

yeh it started with my airbag going off without warning. took the seat off and found airbag and lumber support wiring chaffing on metal under my seat. chacked fault codes also:
01221- CRASH SENS. SIDE ARBAG DRIV. SIDE-G179
01217- SIDE AIRBAG IGNITER, DRIVERS SIDE-N199
wiring was a bit charred so cleaned it up and covered . replaced air bag and crash sensor. deleted fault codes but airbag one still comes up.
fixed faults like this before on the cars but not audi.

i know i should have replaced the wiring but audi say they dont make that loom any more and otherwise i would have to buy whole car loom which is £5000 plus vat and i cant find any one who wants to break it either. dont particularly blame them, its a long job!

how did you find these codes? think i need mien checking as well.my air bag light is on. the car had been in a crash in its past life.how would i go about ressetting the light? take it to audi?

i know i should have replaced the wiring but audi say they dont make that loom any more and otherwise i would have to buy whole car loom which is £5000 plus vat and i cant find any one who wants to break it either. dont particularly blame them, its a long job!

Jesus, thats a lot of dosh. Why can't you cut out the damaged section and solder in some new lengths of wire? Pain in the butt, yes, but costs a tenner at most!