Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Do you have to reprogramme srs module when you fit a new airbag?

Do i have to reprogramme it or just delete the fault code? because my fault code is not going away. ive checked wiring so it might mean a module aswell. Also can anyone get info of what resistance the airbag should be? Im quessing someone on the forum must have changed one.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    try resetting the faults/errors...if the light goes off then it was an easy fix. If not then you have to readapt the new airbag/module
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    have you got any fault codes??? or are you guessing what the fault maybe??

Reverse Gear

Status
    yeh it started with my airbag going off without warning. took the seat off and found airbag and lumber support wiring chaffing on metal under my seat. chacked fault codes also:
    01221- CRASH SENS. SIDE ARBAG DRIV. SIDE-G179
    01217- SIDE AIRBAG IGNITER, DRIVERS SIDE-N199
    wiring was a bit charred so cleaned it up and covered . replaced air bag and crash sensor. deleted fault codes but airbag one still comes up.
    fixed faults like this before on the cars but not audi.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i know i should have replaced the wiring but audi say they dont make that loom any more and otherwise i would have to buy whole car loom which is 5000 plus vat and i cant find any one who wants to break it either. dont particularly blame them, its a long job!

2nd Gear

Status
    how did you find these codes? think i need mien checking as well.my air bag light is on. the car had been in a crash in its past life.how would i go about ressetting the light? take it to audi?

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kev_a318tqs View Post
    i know i should have replaced the wiring but audi say they dont make that loom any more and otherwise i would have to buy whole car loom which is 5000 plus vat and i cant find any one who wants to break it either. dont particularly blame them, its a long job!
    Jesus, thats a lot of dosh. Why can't you cut out the damaged section and solder in some new lengths of wire? Pain in the butt, yes, but costs a tenner at most!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world