will a clay kit remove swirls?

jimmp

Reaction score
Sorry I know this is more of a detailing topic but I wanted an answer from the 8L community.

Will a clay kit remove minor paint swirls and surface "sparkles" from the laquer layer, or is it just to "remove road grime"??

Terrified of T-cut, I'm hoping the Meguiars/Auto Glym products can do that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, before I waste £30...?

Thanks

JimP

nah it will just remove the tougher grime/tar mate, there are plenty of good cutting compounds around that will help with the swirls, either that or get a quote from a professional detailing company for a machine polish

Auto Glym - Super Resin polish is dam good stuff. I will clay mine soon. As for T-cut holy goat i nearly cried when i used it on my wing, i will only use it on deep marks.

I've used halfords rubbing compound with a microfibre cloth and got good results. Not as OTT as it sounds.

To remove swirls your best bet would be machine polishing, If you haven't done it before really would reccomend paying someone that knows what they are doing! otherwise you may end up with even worse swirls on bare metal!

As said above to fully remove swirl marks, machine polishing is usually needed. Good results can be done by hand but it requires alot more effort. You can mask some of the swirls with filler polishes, like Autoglym Super Resin, available at Halfords. Detailers are all over the UK and prices vary for a full correction. Could always try find someone near you, who has a keen interest in detailing and hopefully get it done cheaper.

Thanks for your help guys-

I thought this was the case, but I didn't know for sure...

JimP