Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Can someone tell me where the Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor lives?

as above,mine is playing up and i dont know were it lives?

cheers
    James
    Silver Audi 8L S3
    97 Fireblade fully restored ...just for summer!
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!
    and many many cars and bikes in the past!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Pocket now empty

Status
    dont hold me to this but i think its some where behind the dash or around steering wheel.
    Again not 100% sure.
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

6th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Think prefacelift cars have both the longitundinal and latteral ones under the steering and on facelift cars the longitudinal one is behind the glove box on a golden metal bracket.
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

3rd Gear

Status
    passenger side, behind and a bit under the glove box. If you are sitting in the passenger seat, it will be just around your left knee.

lol i cant describe better
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

4th Gear

Status
    mine is broken, I think it is located in the passenger wheel arch, on just behind the shocks. you can't miss it. I could be wrong.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

3rd Gear

Status
    Fantastic info folks thanks tried to reset them but in vagcom the on/off does not work and i use the full registered ross tech cable etc,but on the audi forum he uses the older 311 version? its not a permanent fault,the light comes on every now and again,logs no codes unless you plug it in to vagcom before switching the ignition off.

Still i have a old cable at work so will give it a go,thanks again folks!
    James
    Silver Audi 8L S3
    97 Fireblade fully restored ...just for summer!
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!
    and many many cars and bikes in the past!!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiS3-Turbo View Post
    Fantastic info folks thanks tried to reset them but in vagcom the on/off does not work and i use the full registered ross tech cable etc,but on the audi forum he uses the older 311 version? its not a permanent fault,the light comes on every now and again,logs no codes unless you plug it in to vagcom before switching the ignition off.

Still i have a old cable at work so will give it a go,thanks again folks!
    Hi mate, i literally just cured this problem on my 2001 AMK S3, i replaced the lateral sensor as this was gone on mine and if you follow the instructions on ross tech it will hopefully reset, if not im afraid you might have to change it and is known as YAW sensor (i think), when you follow instructions and you go to basic settings then choose 066 for example and press 'go' that is what resets it. i didnt have a on off button either,

it is mounted under the steering wheel on the steering column drivers side obviously (thats if your car is 2001 or above)

hope this helps
    2001 AMK S3, Black, Lowered, 18" RS4 Diamond cut and Black Polished Alloys