boost leaks, what can the effects be?

quattro1

Reaction score
ok so after noticing atleast 2 pipes with splits in them, the pipe that feeds the dump valve, and the bigger pipe on the underside of the inlet manifold, im just wondering what issues apart from power loss can boost leaks cause?

since i bought it two months ago ive had shocking mpg (19-23) and it just feels underpowered and there are flat spots in the rev range (its a 1999 AJQ quattro with a k03s fitted) can a few splits in these pipes really cause that much of a difference? there are two splits in the manifold pipe about 1.5" each and a 2" split in the dump valve pipe! im just trying to find/buy silicone replacements now, will i see a vast difference in the car?? :ninja:

cheers :drool:

yep spot on, annoying how i havent found them before now, cant believe how difficult it was to find these pretty sizeable splits! they never split on the side of the pipe that you can see do they! lol

cheers guys!

yep spot on, annoying how i havent found them before now, cant believe how difficult it was to find these pretty sizeable splits! they never split on the side of the pipe that you can see do they! lol

The law of the sod my friend, we all suffer from it.

thats kinda how 20vts roll.

if they were a stick of rock it would have PITA written all the way thru them haha (im actually talking about AGBs from audi S4s)

Hmmm sounds like my problem, i need to look into this.