Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Angry Fog light stolen

So some pr*ck stole one of my fog lights (2001 S3) the other night. Not happy.
    So...
    1. Where is the best place to get another one from? (Not much luck on eBay so far)
    2. Is it worth taking the other one out and just meshing it up to allow more air in. I have noticed it seems quicker since the light has gone. Anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Some body actualy stole the fog light?
    That isnt a 2 second job !
    Personaly i would say keep them in place but others on here have removed them and used the extra space behind the bumper to fit the pipework for a front mount intercooler.
    Which side was stolen?
    If its the drivers it not being there will make very little diffrence performance wise. As the air filter is on the passengers side,
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah the whole unit. I thought that it was quite strange how do you even take it out? It must be screwed in somewhere.
    It was the passenger side which was stolen.

3rd Gear

Status
    A user here at this forum states that those ones will fit
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-00-03-...item1e5d4cf35f

he suggested me ignore the description and those foglights fitted his 2001 S3.

I ordered a set of those for my 2001 S3 but i cant tell you since it havent arrived yet and since i am also waiting to get the fog grills.

on my car it has been stolen with the grills ... both sides!
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah my grill was stolen too. The car is now garaged every night incase the f*ckers come back for the other one.
    So where did you get the grills from? Can you not get it as a one piece unit?

3rd Gear

Status
    stoke audi.
    Sponsor of this forum. But as i said i ordered the ebay fogs and i am not sure if they will fit or not.
    Here is what he quoted:
    -Both sides Fog lights grills 29.30 each
    -Both sides fog lights 84.02
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    unfortunatly it is only a 2 min job for the theiving f**kers unless you glue the grills on

Reverse Gear

Status
    I feel like parking it in the same spot and sitting close by with a bat or golf club and seeing if the w*nkers come back!

So it looks like it is a trip to audi for me then.