Gauge's

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
What gauge's to go for.
I've converted my double din radio to a single din and I have a din free. I've bought a plate which fits in the free din. it has 3 x 52mm holes for the gauges but what make and type do i go for? i've been looking at the swoosh brand. would like to get boost and oil temp gauge but can't deside on the 3rd one. Do i go for air/fuel or oil pressure? also open to suggestions.

hmm tough call. id probably go with air/fuel seeing how the MAF's are **** on these cars

Defo boost, i'd also get a oil temp and oil pressure gauge, you can get them from racetech were there's two gauges in one.

What gauge's to go for.
I've converted my double din radio to a single din and I have a din free. I've bought a plate which fits in the free din. it has 3 x 52mm holes for the gauges but what make and type do i go for? i've been looking at the swoosh brand. would like to get boost and oil temp gauge but can't deside on the 3rd one. Do i go for air/fuel or oil pressure? also open to suggestions.

Mate does this mean that your air vent boost guage will be for sale?:friends:
If I was getting 3 new guages I'd get:

- Oil pressure (especially after your recent troubles)
- Boost
- Oil temp

You cant monitor the oil enough mate its so important.

Its got alot to do with what colour you want as well.
I have 2 gauges, Both innovate, one is boost and one is Air to fuel ratio,
If they are going near your head unit i would try and match the colour to either that or the cars dash (red with a white needle)

It's hard though trying to actualy find a red gauge with a white needle!

Mate does this mean that your air vent boost guage will be for sale?:friends:
If I was getting 3 new guages I'd get:

- Oil pressure (especially after your recent troubles)
- Boost
- Oil temp

You cant monitor the oil enough mate its so important.

Westle your first in line for my air vent pod holder....

I would like to try and match them to the dials on the dash. but very hard to find.

ive got a boost gauge sat in the kitchen cupboard. i want to go the whole hog and go for oil pressure and temp too.

i just dont want "her" car to end up all fast and the furious looking as shed kill me!

http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_84

thats what i got. oem golf mk4 colours and its stepper motor, you only run cables into the car

I dont see the point in having a gauge were you want it. Imagine you gunning it down a slip road and your lookings down to see what boost your pulling, not a wise idea really isi, must be in your eye view of screen.

I have a auto boost gauge and is the best match I could get but I have new S3 style lights. I would go for a boost , oil pressure and air/fuel gauges.

Nathan

Other thing to do is use racetech or stack gauges and paint the back of the gauges face like s3_kev did.

I dont see the point in having a gauge were you want it. Imagine you gunning it down a slip road and your lookings down to see what boost your pulling, not a wise idea really isi, must be in your eye view of screen.

I have a auto boost gauge and is the best match I could get but I have new S3 style lights. I would go for a boost , oil pressure and air/fuel gauges.

Nathan

U have a good point there. but I dont gun it down slip roads anyway. I don't want piller mount or on top of dash. I have a spare din so I thought i might as well utilize it.

I know i have kev, lol, just didnt want to mess about like that but there's no real choice.

Personaly... i would ( next time ) either buy a liquid S3 gauge or have just a boost gauge,
The ecu is programed to sence problems and react to them far faster than the driver can.
Regular checks with vag com and maybe some logging will put your mind at rest.