Going to look at this car, does anyone have any thoughts??

Yeah go over it with a fine comb, wheels are kerbed to bits, that kinda upgrade isnt for slow drivers is it, check for any visible oil leaks, coolant, check clutch & gearbox

just does not look right imo but its up to you of course...... it looks tired to me, like his sagging parcel shelf .........320 bhp on a standard TIP?? :noway:

Last edited:
stage 4 turto ay? who bets thats a standard ko4

id expect print outs at least. and lots of reciepts. triple check MOT dates.

take a vag com if u can lol

Defo take vag com with you if you can, also listen to the engine, i know it sounds daft but i nearly bought a a3 1.t quattro before the s3 and the engine sounded like a tractor, came on here to find out it was the cam chain. Just go over it with a tooth comb because that looks like it could have been hammered!

I am a bit concerned that it has NO receipts for the work .....
but has history, I am P/Xing my evo VI so I am limited to which cars I can look at though sadly, as I am too impatient to wait for it to sell! lol
What is a VAG com btw? I am new rto Audi remember, go easy on me! lol

I am looking at this one as well ....
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1/radius/1501/postcode/ng243rf?logcode=p

Been fully resprayed but is HPI clear ....

someone was clearly playing to much gran turismo

got to love claimed bhp figures ;) its all people are interested in, and if its got a dyno plot for that much "well it must be gospel" yaaaaaaaawn

someone was clearly playing to much gran turismo

got to love claimed bhp figures ;) its all people are interested in, and if its got a dyno plot for that much "well it must be gospel" yaaaaaaaawn

Yes man! I had a Dodge Viper on GT3 with 1024 BHP. She was a beast.

was that on STAGE FOR TURBOT too? if its got a dyno plot then thats PUKKA

Yarp, stage 4 turbo... No dyno plots, but I could change the oil from brown to new oil which was green. I used to like that - it was cool!

was donkeys ago since i saw it. time for some google fu

ANYWAY
Back to the topic ...

So can I tell while the turbo is on the car if it is anything other then standard? Figuring it has been remapped is there a way to find out who its remapped by as well?
I think the parcel shelf is missing from the pics rather than sagging ... Wheels can be refurbed as well can't they?
I am not just looking at this as it say 320 bhp, that doesn't bother me too much, if I was after power I'd keep the Evo

ANYWAY
Back to the topic ...

So can I tell while the turbo is on the car if it is anything other then standard? Figuring it has been remapped is there a way to find out who its remapped by as well?
I think the parcel shelf is missing from the pics rather than sagging ... Wheels can be refurbed as well can't they?
I am not just looking at this as it say 320 bhp, that doesn't bother me too much, if I was after power I'd keep the Evo

Yeah, fair enough. I think it looks nice on the whole. In general with the car, its mainly common sense. If been remapped, it should have receipts for that to be fair.

I assume that by Stage 4 turbo, they mean it's a hybrid, meaning it would be in a K04 shell anyway, That is confirmed by the fact it's got an OEM TIP which will only mate the K04 realistically.

Now, there is no definitive way to tell if the turbo is reworked by just looking I'm afraid. You should be asking for receipts, receipts, receipts. If there aren't any, assume it's lies. No self respecting modder spends good money on an uprated turbo and doesn't keep the receipt for it... And terms used in the description, such as 'Radiator intercoolers' don't fill me with joy either.

Bottom line, it's high money for a pre facelift S3 on an X plate. If the engine mods are accurate, then it's worth the money. If there is no proof, then I'd be sceptical.

That's my 2 cents.

an invoice for a bigger turbo would be a good start.

with chavvy wheels and potentially pie in the sky power claims im not sure id buy it unless it was a bargain.

A greed with welly as usual. its all about the receipts and a bit of know how to know what to spot under the lid. other wise its all hot air and treat him like his lying and price the car accordingly

It sounds like he is a bit of a dealer and had the car off someone else .... think I'll pass on that one!
Thanks for the intelligent posts

Last edited:
It sounds like he is a bit of a dealer and had the car off someone else .... think I'll pass on that one!
Thanks for the intelligent posts

The reasons you just gave to pass on this one is not right.
You should be letting this one go on so many levels and not just because it's a car dealer selling it ! And no I'm not a dealer.

Last edited:
The fact he was a dealer was just an observation, that was not the reason I said I would pass on it!!

tbh i wouldnt buy it from a dealer. so many of them are so dodgy

avoid dealers for an S3. there are a few on eBay

I bought my S3 from a dealer and it was spanking :thumbsup:

Just tak your time checking the car over and keep your fingers crossed you dont buy a lemon.

As everyone has said, I'd be very careful. 10 year old car claiming this much power without proof or receipt that it has been done by a professional to a high standard! These cars are expensive when they go wrong, so I'd want to make sure I was 100% confident everything was done right before buying it.

even i have one huge pile of receipts although i want to get them all together. To state that you have that amount of power i would want to see proof of it. An as no one has said it Vagcom is a plug in diagnostics kit you can get to read and clear fault codes along with reading sensors on the go

No receipts for all the work?! Looks like it’s not been well looked after. After all if you spent all that money tuning it you'd keep all receipts. . . . All I can say is look around for the right one because when you buy a lemon will cost you ALOT to put right as I have found out!