Help With Front fogs

fpscod

Reaction score
Hi, i'm wanting to put front fog lights on my 2001 1.9TDI Audi A3.
I've got the replacement switch that can turn the front fogs on, but i don't have the wiring or the fogs yet.

I wanted to know if the connector that i have free on the lights wiring loom is the one to connect the fogs to?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know i need the fogs + wiring and the plastic holder bit for the bumper, but is there anything else?

Any help appreciated!
:) Thanks

Ah thats good then! Think i'll just buy that wiring harness and some cheap fogs from halfrauds. Or source a scraped A3 and get everything from it.

Thanks!

if u look on flebay ul find the real things or rep foglights for about 23ish quid each, im pretty sure the front fogs only has a 2 pin connector???

im pretty sure the front fogs only has a 2 pin connector???

actually i think your right, mine only had 2 pins for the fogs, i never noticed it was 3 pins in the picture. hhhhhhmmmmmmm still looks like the same thing though just with 3 pins, can't think what else it would be

actually i think your right, mine only had 2 pins for the fogs, i never noticed it was 3 pins in the picture. hhhhhhmmmmmmm still looks like the same thing though just with 3 pins, can't think what else it would be

This isn't looking good :/
Thinking about it, could it be the connector for the electric headlight adjustors? As i don't have them...

seems like an odd plug as the facelift headlight has a 4 pin plug and the standerd fog into the back of the lamp has a 2 pin... could it be a power plug for a xenon ballast? I have HID's to have no idea, just a shot in the dark

This isn't looking good :/
Thinking about it, could it be the connector for the electric headlight adjustors? As i don't have them...

tht would be a pretty good guess. the headlight adjuster is an oval plug, cudnt tell you how many pins it has. you could make a loom yourself, dead easy, cosy you about a tenner

Ah okay thanks. The only problem with making my loom is where do i wire it so i can use the original switch? Bit of a newbie with this. Was hoping for a easy way to connect them.

driving_lights.jpg
driving_lights.jpg

This is what i used to fit my fogs :D

I think the headlight adjuster is only in the F/N/S wheel arch

I think tht is the auto adjuster if you have xenons, im thinking it will be for the motor power supply tht you can manually adjust next to the headlight switch

Hey, I went and scavenged some of the headlight adjuster motors from a mk1 pre facelift today. The problem is that the connector isn't the same... The motors connector is too small but does have the 3 pins. Does that sound right? As my car is the face lift version. Still haven't got much further with the fogs, tho have fitted the new switch. Need to know which pins to connect the harness I'm to create to... I've got a picture I will upload later of the options.
Thanks.

Can you tell me which connector number is from the relay in the wiring diagram. And which is two the dipped beam?

IMG_0127.jpg

Last edited: