Today i spent the day at R-Tech with a friend getting a stage one remap for his AMK S3 210bhp.
Thought i would share his and my thoughts on the day!
Firstly arrived slightly early which didnt seem to matter, made us feel very welcome, had a quick chat about the car and then they got it on the ramp for inspection!
They did usual logging on vag-com as i have heard all tuners do!
But they also performed a really thorough look at the car, spending alot of time checking everything!
Myself and my friend, both very impressed!
They then went for the first rolling road run.
The car was totally standard under the bonnet, we were expecting as it was 9 years old it would have lost a fair few horses!
On the rolling road as it went i noticed (forgive me im not massively technical) liquid which i thought was unburnt fuel dripping from the exhaust...
Anyway the results came back at: 206bhp at the flywheel and 168bhp at the wheels, and 188 Torque at the flywheel and 167 at the wheels.
We were pretty impressed it had kept all of its horses, though lost a bit of torque somewhere...
Then then ran more checks on the car and went to map it.
Once this had been done more checks were run and then the rolling road with the new map!
The new results were: 235bhp at the flywheel and 196bhp at the wheels and 234 torque at the flywheel, 210 at the wheels.
after the map we were told there were a few things preventing it from reaching full boost or load requested from the map:
- Fault code - 17863 - EGT sensor (G235) impalusible signal - This was pre map diagnosed, after the map there was no code, but said to take it to Audi to check - Not sure what it is or how urgent?
- The car was fueling higher than lambda values which was suspected to be a dodgy Maf, so he needs to replace that.
- The DV makes alot of noise, sounds like a proper dump valve when changing gear, its like my mates imprezza!! I am guessing it shouldnt be this loud? And we were also told to change to a 007p yellow spring valve.
- Panel filter was also advised, and bought today - Makes a lovely noise!
- and an N249 also recommended (which im not sure what it is :-S)
All in all R-Tech were fantastic, spent near 3 hours on the car all for half the price of most main stream maps, and to me (although perhaps the figures are low?) The car seems very quick now!
The map is brilliant, no massive spike it pulls like a train throughout the revs!
When i finally get round to my own S3 i will be using them!!
Any comments or advice on the faults or figure would be more than welcome!
Many thanks :-D