what to use to remove yellow line paint from bodywork?

danger S3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

ok there are splatters of yellow line paint around the inside of the wheel arch (which I'm not too bothered about) but there is also splatters on the bodywork behind the F/N/S wheel, below the door (ill get pics up soon)

does anyone have any suggestions of how to remove it without damaging the paintwork or lacquer?

Cheers

Ali

something like t-cut? but not t-cut as ppl seem to hate it on here lol

Have you had a look in the detailing section of the forum? Or perhaps taken a look through the guides on the polished bliss website? Some really useful info on both! :)

have had a few cars in before that have been through line paint etc and to be honest sometimes it can be a right nightmare. If polishing compound wont get it off easily then we try a solvent degreaser which is quite agressive and slowly breaks it down or wet flatting off with 2000 grade wet and dry and then machine polishing and glazing. Steer clear of thinner unless you fancy a trip to the bodyshop

Was this freshly painted? I have a friend who ran over some, and because it was 'sign posted' the council admitted liability and paid to have it repaired professionally. Worth a try.. Maybe hard trying to prove tho if it's days after..?

yeah I think it must have been freshly painted but I really can't remember when it was, infact it might have even been the previous owner (I just got the car a couple of months ago)

Mark can you think of any names of solvent degreasers off the top of your head?