intake manifolds swap options

Chlippo

Reaction score
first found this:
http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/OBX-...lkswagen-Beetle-Audi-TT-18T_190411059933.html

then i was trying to get my thoughts clear about what audi's got a small port intake manifold and which got a large one?
TT owners seems to swap their intake manifold for a large port one like the one coded AEB (B5 audi).

this subject might have been covered but i cant use the search button in the 8L forum for some reason it does the search on the whole asn...

Thats an RMR copy.... not sure why TT drivers would use an A4 inlet as the TB position is wrong but if they did it may be only due to using a large port head and wanting a cheaper alternative to a SEM...

No point in going large port inlet without going large point head... and not any real gains power wise from a K04... Welly has a large port on his and he got a little more airflow top end but not huge amounts... if you can find a large port head cheap then all good but ideally you would want to at least change the exhaust valve guides as these wear badly (on any 20v head)

There is a 1.8t data sheet with a list of the common engine codes in it in the stickies... that will tell you whats got LP and SP heads... AEB ADR and AGU are large port IIRC, everything else is small port...

AGU is transverse large port but the inlet mani is A3 orientation (TB opposite side to S3) and the plenum is smaller.

<tuffty/>

that is why i asked...if i would get that little extra i would do it since it will cost me some beers not more :D
it is an AEB intake for very cheap. But as i understand it wont be easy to fit it right?
Ill grab it next week end and add it to the list

Last edited: