Anyone got a pre facelift s3?

ok guys, if you know or dont know i have a early TDi i have fitted alot of S3 bits, I also have fitted a early S3 piano gear centre console...

HOWEVER i never got the plastic part that slots into the centre console with the gear gaitor attached! i have a later gearnob and gaitor, However i need the part number off the plastic bit to order it form audi!?

So would one of you mind lifting yours up and gettign the part number off it PLEASE!? i have asked a few weeks ago but noone replied, but would really appriciate it as its VERY annoying with it flapping round everywhere !

cheers Ad

Hi Ad...I'm working in India right now so I'm not your most useful person to reply.
I'm back in about a month, so if you're still struggling around then drop me a PM and I'll happily check for you.
Sorry to not be of more immediate use!

Thanks,
Greg

thanks but, that does not show the part number!? hence my question,, i had the old gear gaitor plastic part off my STD a3 consle but it didnt fit was a different shape SO each model must be different so i REALLY need a pre facellift owner to get the number!

It will only take 30 seconds for a owner! But being as theres 3-4 different ones i'm not willing to go buy one and it be incorrect!

cheers Ad

No u don't get it Dave I have the console and trim! The gear Nob and gaitor, well the gaitor is possibly stapled to a plastic part that clicks into the console.... I need this plastic part that clicks in!

so you want the actual plastic part from the gear gaiter, this part the retains the gaiter into the centre consol correct???? if so i will have a look tommorw for you but i would imagen it being one piece with the gaiter from the stealers

get a pic up mate see if its the one i need!?

04082010210.jpg

By d121m at 2010-08-04
04082010209.jpg

By d121m at 2010-08-04

so you want the actual plastic part from the gear gaiter, this part the retains the gaiter into the centre consol correct???? if so i will have a look tommorw for you but i would imagen it being one piece with the gaiter from the stealers

YES kev your CORRECT! if you could your a STAR!

04082010210.jpg

By d121m at 2010-08-04
04082010209.jpg

By d121m at 2010-08-04

Dave thats is the one i have! that plastic bit on bottom is for a post facelift!

yes i wanted a better gearnob hence i bought this also BUT when i got the console off the breaker they did not include the gaitor and plastic part :(

sorry mate no part number on mine

can you not simply buy a gaiter from audi??? should come with one?

kev is there any chance you could take a pic of yours too see if i am right in what it looks like!? few angles would be nice? if you dont mind? cheers

Last edited:
kev is there any chance you could take a pic of yours too see if i am righ in what it looks like!? few ages would be nice? if you dont mind? cheers

no worries mate im fitting a grey alcantara gaiter some point next week so not a problem, im going to have to use the oe plastic bit though

yes that fine just make sure i know what im looking for as a think the post facelift is totally different!?

hi mate just fitted my new gaiter and found part number on the old unit it is; 8L0883279A hope that helps

just rang he said the number is 8L0863279A so 1 of your number were slightly off lol, i have ordered it anyway! Hoe its correct in 10 days when it arrives :)

cool pretty sure it was how i wrote it but a 6 and an 8 aint far off lol