Ideas on what to buy for the S3

devan

Reaction score
Well ive just been paid and after getting a lump of money in my savings, ive decided to leave about £300 out to spend on the S3. I currently have a Revo Stage 1 Remap, and thats it, all the rest is standard.

Just cant decide what to buy though. I dont really want to change the alloys or suspension. I thought maybe a short throw shifter (thats about £80 from Awesome GTi IIRC).

Ive also read the downpipe is restrictive. Would it be possible to buy a 3" downpipe and high-flow cats, but then leave the rest of the exhaust standard? Or would it void out doing anything with the downpipe in the first place? Or maybe just buy a downpipe on its own?

Let me know what you all think what i could do.

Cheers,
Ash.

300 wont get you the downpipe and cat for the money you have id upgrade the brakes!

Right ok if i had enough for the Pipewerx downpipe and cat would you go for that first?

for the sound yes but if you are on standard brakes id do them first always handy to be able to stop better with more power

Yeah i see what you are saying about the brakes lol. I see you have the Pipewerx downpipe and cat... will this fit onto the standard cat back exhaust, or will i require cat back too. Sorry for the questions, just want to have it clear in my head.

As it comes i dont think it will fit without an adapter piece but if you went to pipewerx for the fitting then they could do that no problem

Personaly i would buy a fmic then what ever is left over put towards a tip or short shifter!

what i would do for 300
i would sure get the short shifter, a forge 007 DV, an autobahnn88 tip, panel filter.
that would be a nice combo to have and you will be ready to step into stage 2 when an extra cash flow is available.

those mods are cool and a must to step forward.

then it will be brakes...just good pads..like ferodods2500 and its good enough
and finish it up with some arb's setup.

what i would do for 300
i would sure get the short shifter, a forge 007 DV, an autobahnn88 tip, panel filter.
that would be a nice combo to have and you will be ready to step into stage 2 when an extra cash flow is available.

those mods are cool and a must to step forward.

then it will be brakes...just good pads..like ferodods2500 and its good enough
and finish it up with some arb's setup.

Yes I think this is the place to start. Then next month go for the FMIC.

Ok guys cheers again,

Ive just made an offer for an Audobahn88 TIP on ebay to try and get it shipped to me for £45, hopefully they will accept!

Do you guys use the Forge short shifter, or are they any more recommended, also, is anything required to fit it?

Well in the end i decided to buy a 007P and a Forge Short Shifter.

I think the OEM panel filter will be ok as it is, and ill see about a TIP maybe.

All i plan for now is to take the front bumper off, and run a 4" CAI pipe from the grill to the airbox, and make sure all the intercooler hose clips are tight whilst im down there.

With the money left over i'd buy a SFS TIP and green cotton panel filter, along with that lot i'd de-mesh the maf and smooth the airbox.

I see what your saying, but i think thse mods (with exception to the TIP maybe) are very small gains, and arent really worth it for me, i like to keep things OEM... ish and after ready threads about panel filters not doing a lot, i dont think its worth £50.

Ill look into the TIP though.

I got mine quite cheap finesse due to a **** up by a ebay seller and me having to order direct from sfs, was about £80 is that a think, they gave me a really good discount.

Well the 007P and the short shifter have arrived today, probably going to fit the 007P now, dont some people mount these upside down for more noise?

I don't know but doesn't sound good, just fit in normally. I would of gone for the fmic as that would of gave the most gains ( not bhp gains) or some new discs and pads and brake oil change.

Its in now (the correct way) and i went for a short drive... it is louder, but not much.

Ill just fit my short shifter, and then save for either a FMIC or Turbo-back.

Just get an S3 personal plate from DVLA - will go much faster and you won't get dirty !

A turbobacks only said to be needed if going big power stage 3 or bigger, costing over a grand to fit a milltech you could get a custom fmic costing around £400 and just get a custom downpipe as thats where most restriction lies.

That sounds good tbh, a FMIC and downpipe... 3" is the right size isnt it? And hopefully ill be able to get it to attach to the OEM cat, maybe??

That sounds good tbh, a FMIC and downpipe... 3" is the right size isnt it? And hopefully ill be able to get it to attach to the OEM cat, maybe??

Remember the OEM system has twin cats, but that shouldn't be a problem if you go custom (obviously).