Mods - *.SWF extensions

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
This one is for the audi forum mods or admin!

I know this is not A3/S3 related - but can we sort out the extesion lists in the admin panel to make this board take *.swf file extensions so I can have my Flash signature.

Took me a while then went to put it up and nada to my dissapointment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Heres a link to it for those who want to have a butchers at it!

Neversaydie A3 Sport Flash Link

If the link dont work and comes up with crap go here - http://nsd.digiserv.net/audia3.swf

So plz plz plz can we sort this out...Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dimensions are actually the correct size! If you resize the Web browser smaller you will find out. The Flash when embeded in HTML stretches to the users size when the browser is draged.

If I was allowed the extension *.swf then that would be a flash file which is not embeded into HTML and the actual movie size is small, about the same size as anybody elses Sig.

The movie is no bigger than your image Recomodos or Mark b as all internals of the movie are compressed - I use to be a HTML web designer so I do appreciate the 56k Issue, so no lecturing there plz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

As for your neighbor - he obviously does not know how to set up networks as anybody setting up wireless should use High encryption, this acts as a defense mechanism to stop rogue people jumping on to obtain IP addresses within a network, in theory you could control all his files by ligitatmley being on the network as you describe above by leaving his MAC address unlocked, this is not good Network security - shame on you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Dimensions are actually the correct size! If you resize the Web browser smaller you will find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps, but to be technical the user would never 'find out' what you had set the original dimensions at.

[ QUOTE ]

The Flash when embeded in HTML stretches to the users size when the browser is draged.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I dragged my browser to approx size and it does work (but like I say how were we to know the intended size?) - so my apologies there . It's just I'm used to setting the publishing so it don't resize like that in a browser, it stays at intended.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif no lecturing buddy, most people are moving to broadband these days anyhow - but like stated there are some still on the retro stylee dial up. you can get some nice effects with anim gifs, granted loads look sh!te, but it can be achieved and will work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fair enough - just what im saying is when and if i could use the *.swf extension in this forum then it would come upto the same size as its meant to, the avaerage sig size.

All is good with 56k - some ppl just dont want BB which is fair enough.

Big downloads don't bother me because of the 56Kbps Modem thing... I've got ADSL at home... I do use the site quite a lot from a laptop connected over GPRS though - and that can be painful if you're out in the sticks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Regards,

Rob.