EM TuningVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Angry advice on a clutch

so my clutch has gone bang ,what clutch should i get do i need to get a s3 one as mine is a quattro or a a3 one? also while replacing the clutch anything else i should replace when the box is out?
    cheers scott
    Audi 1.8t quattro
    Mods :Evo 8 ralliart carbon fiber mud flaps ,forge 007p,k&n appolo cold air feed filter, ko4 turbo by backdraft that fits on ko3 mani
    will go big turbo soon though

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I would do the ... i call it a release bearing but think it has another name... hubcentric slave cylinder or something like,
    As they do start to leak after a while, And this will kill the clutch and involve the labour of taking the box off again ,
    The duel mass flywheel maywell be past its best too. Has it been changed before?
    Clutch wise...
    Are you planning to run more power? or happy as things are.
    Im asking as if your not then either an LUK or Sache item from say euro car parts or german and sweadish will be fine,
    If you plan to chase power... 250bhp and over i would go for a sache power clutch, Its about as close to a stock feeling clutch as ive driven but can deal with more power.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

1st Gear

Status
    the fly hasnt been changed to my knowledge,can you get light weight ones for the audi's?
    i plan on getting around 280 hp when i get my finger out .
    do you know if i need to run a s3 clutch or will a a3 one do me ? as i have a a3 tqs
    cheers scott
    Audi 1.8t quattro
    Mods :Evo 8 ralliart carbon fiber mud flaps ,forge 007p,k&n appolo cold air feed filter, ko4 turbo by backdraft that fits on ko3 mani
    will go big turbo soon though

6th Gear

Status
    Well, there is an option to use a single mass ( much lighter) flywheel in place of the duel mass one fitted now. The upside is faster reving, more direct feel when lifting the clutch and can take being launched a few times...
    Down side is they make the gearbox rattle when ticking over out of gear. I personaly didnt want that so stayed duel mass.

As for S3/A3 clutch... i would ring a good parts suplier. they will tell you if they are interchangeable
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?