advice on a clutch

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
so my clutch has gone bang ,what clutch should i get do i need to get a s3 one as mine is a quattro or a a3 one? also while replacing the clutch anything else i should replace when the box is out?
cheers scott

I would do the ... i call it a release bearing but think it has another name... hubcentric slave cylinder or something like,
As they do start to leak after a while, And this will kill the clutch and involve the labour of taking the box off again ,
The duel mass flywheel maywell be past its best too. Has it been changed before?
Clutch wise...
Are you planning to run more power? or happy as things are.
Im asking as if your not then either an LUK or Sache item from say euro car parts or german and sweadish will be fine,
If you plan to chase power... 250bhp and over i would go for a sache power clutch, Its about as close to a stock feeling clutch as ive driven but can deal with more power.

the fly hasnt been changed to my knowledge,can you get light weight ones for the audi's?
i plan on getting around 280 hp when i get my finger out .
do you know if i need to run a s3 clutch or will a a3 one do me ? as i have a a3 tqs
cheers scott

Well, there is an option to use a single mass ( much lighter) flywheel in place of the duel mass one fitted now. The upside is faster reving, more direct feel when lifting the clutch and can take being launched a few times...
Down side is they make the gearbox rattle when ticking over out of gear. I personaly didnt want that so stayed duel mass.

As for S3/A3 clutch... i would ring a good parts suplier. they will tell you if they are interchangeable