Strange behaviour !

toathus

Reaction score
I've been having some pretty strange occurrences over the past week with my AUM 1.8t A3 51 plate

When I've been sat in traffic crawling forwards in either 1st or 2nd gear the car occasionally kangaroo's. It does not feel like the typical kangaroo motion of a worn clutch or anything mechanical, more like I am stamping on/ off the throttle.
This morning I was at a set of traffic lights, they went green, I went to pull away but nothing.. The revs were happily idling at a steady 900 or so but stamping on the throttle made absolutely NO change to the engine rpm. Had to turn off the ignition and back on and then the car behaved as normal and I pulled away

It's baffling me as to what the issue could be? I've had the car mapped a few months ago so maybe something to do with that? ECU? perhaps even the throttle? MAF ? i just don't know.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

I've been thinking that this may be due to the throttle body in need of a clean? I'm not sure if the AUM is drive by wire

does the epc light come on at all? check the little breather hose that goes from the top boost pipe, next to the dump valve pipe. i had the exact same problem, this little pipe had popped off causing it to go into limp mode when i dabbed the throttle