Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Audi TT APR chipped ecu...into S3? will it work?

i think the title says everything but here are the details:

Audi tt owner has sold his modded car. Before doing it he removed all the mods that he have done to it so it was back to stock.
    One of the interresting things he removed is his ecu with APR maps that you can switch between by using the cruise control button.
    If i buy this 2001 audi tt ecu and install it on my 2001 AMK engine S3, will it work?
    I suppose yes. but the other thing in my mind is that the tt is a us spec and my S3 is euro spec....anything wrong here?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    oh and the price 400$

2nd Gear

Status
    The TT I believe ran the BAM engine code, whilst almost identical there maybe enough of a difference to affect things. Have you tried a Google search to see if it brings up any results for people trying this type of thing on audi's before?
    2001 Audi S3 - AMK 210bhp
    Tarox F2000 discs front - Tarox 401 Rallye+ pads
    Tarox F2000 discs rear - Tarox 112 Strada pads
    Goodridge brake lines
    TT pedals
    N249 bypass

Finally back on the road, have a HUGE list of mods and things to do now!

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thorsy22 View Post
    The TT I believe ran the BAM engine code, whilst almost identical there maybe enough of a difference to affect things. Have you tried a Google search to see if it brings up any results for people trying this type of thing on audi's before?
    Absolutely - will need recoding at the VERY least.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    And you will have immo problems too. Not sure if the US car is so equiped and if it is, whether its as advanced as the S3 as early Audis had no immos fitted in the US

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thorsy22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Absolutely - will need recoding at the VERY least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    And you will have immo problems too. Not sure if the US car is so equiped and if it is, whether its as advanced as the S3 as early Audis had no immos fitted in the US
    All in all, I'd say that's a no.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

3rd Gear

Status
    that would have been cool
    im better stealing welly's ecu then

Status
    LOL - You planning on getting it mapped yourself?
    Homer Simpson

3rd Gear

Status
    I would love to map it myself.
    Im not new to mapping...i already have some experience mapping evo's and my turbocharged 300E benz.
    but i dont seem to find the right tool to do it! if you know any point it to me.
    i could also use a lot of professional help from evo tuners...i know it is not the same but i will be a lot of help
    tools tools tools
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Alex

Status
    Also the maps wont be right for the fuel octane over here as they use between 87 and 91 octane in the US.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

3rd Gear

Status
    I dont think octane matter will be a role player in this case...it will just affects how the car will run.
    The octane matter has been discussed in a Mercedes forum a while ago (when i was working on my turbocharged 300E) and the final results after calculcation of rons and many other factors was that the difference isnt really noticeable on every day used cars (which includes S3, M3, VW GTI...) but it will affect high tuned cars like 500 bhp evos, and Nissan;s GTR and stuff like that.
    This was a conclusion made by a group of mercedes tuners and other car tuners accross the world, none was my personal experience.
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)