SHOCK! quote for the driver's side a-pillar to be resprayed

drfeelgood

Reaction score
So the numpty who replaced the front windscreen of my car (during previous ownership) must of scrapped the heck outta the car frame when replaceing the screen, thus now there is bubbling and rust close to windscreen, so i went to audi and got a quote, i thought, well while getting the roof rails done under the warrenty,il pay and get the a piller done..thinking it will cost £400 max..nope..got the quote... £800 quid!
i mean jeeeze! thats 1/8th of the cost of the car! is that price even justified? Is that how much spraying costs these days? lol

im getting mine sprayed, both bumpers and all one side....£250 :) havent seen the end job yet mind haha

its the cost of labour , 348 pounds, paint and materials, 134, parts 206 (125 is in case the windscreen shatters when they remove it) but the real kick in the nuts is the vat of 120 quid..ouch!!

This sounds so stupid, but im actualy considering paying that, i suppose i will see how there job is on the roof rails, if its an A-1 job i will consider paying that big money

348 for labour? id check what it costs to have autowindscreens to fit a new window....it needs shattering to take it out as it will be glued and highly unlikely thwey will be able to fetch the old glue off to enable a proper reseal..... id never pay that for a car of this age, pointless....even if its a bob on job its far too expensive IMO

i swear if your in the north the cost of labour is so much less, if your in the south, you basicaly get shafted..royaly...well, il see how the car treats me over the time, if shes good to me il treat it to a repair lol

thats steep! i just had a quote to get the front bumper, bonnet, rear bumper, boot resprayed and a hole machine polish for £600