Gearbox disaster advice please

mephisto

Reaction score
I was accelerating up a slight hill this evening behind another car, so was only moderate accel. Changed into 3rd and a massive crunch!!! I backed off for a moment and pushed back into 3rd. Which seemed ok, then i attempted 4th. Nothing. Oh dear. I seem to be stuck in 3rd. The gate still feels ok? But a slighlty loser feel to the gearbox into gates. Couldn't seem to select any other gear, so 18miles from home i decided to drive back preying for no red lights. After a few 360's in the middle of the roads at red lights to keep my momentoum i got home.
Pulled up, strange, push into reverse, no reverse yet it feels like it's trying to drive didn't want to push it. But every other gear feels like 3rd. Even in neutral.

Any ideas what ive done? Im stuck abroad in Switzerland, i saw a mate of mine get stung for nearly £3k for a blown cylinder head at a Mitsubishi main stealer. So naturally im bricking it now.

Last edited:
yup mine went 2-3 months ago..... whilst its off you may aswell change the clutch and flywheel as Audi have it down as an 11 hour job...cost me almost £1400 including truck pick up and new clutch/flywheel...that was mates rates!!

Holy **** yes i saw your thread thanks, was that for a replacement selector fork or new or recon gearbox?