Forge Breather Hoses - apparently they won't fit an AMK S3?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Afternoon!

I'm looking at buying the Forge breather hoses for my car as i have a split in 1 of them under my inlet mani. I looked on the Forge site and they only have it listed under the MK1 TT range but not for the S3? I spoke with Forge tech team on the phone and they said on ETKA the pictures for that part of the engine bay are the same for S3 & TT but the part numbers are different. Then they said they have only tested the hoses on the BAM engine and so they're not sure about my AMK. I thought the engines were the same when it comes to things like this?

I have spoken to DPM as he sells them aswell and i told him what happened but he cannot confirm either if it will fit the AMK engine.

This is what i'm after (below), can somebody please confirm if it will fit my engine? Looks like the same stuff to me!

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/for...er-hosesbr-s3-8l-18t-quattro-0199-p-5703.html

Thanks!

Just these hoses dude as i got a leak in 1 of them. Don't think i need anything else. How much did you get them for delivered?

I got them from Awesome direct bud, you could do with changing the whole lot, i know it's expensive but the amount of sludge in the breather pipes is shocking. Do it once then you'll never have to touch that part again:)

When you say changing the whole lot, what other hoses are there? The kit i'm looking at has 3 hoses.

3a-1.jpg

I changed all the ones with the red dot next to the part numbers. The amount of sludge in the pipes was pretty bad Troopa. If you haven't changed the E shaped hose i've marked with an arrow already i'd do that too, they split from the inside.

This is what i'm looking at, which ones are they in that picture?

fmttbhmed6432427.jpg

Where did you get the other hoses from you replaced?

These are the Forge replacement bud

06A 133 783 AS

06A 133 783 BA

06A 133 783 AT

Got the other ones from Audi:)

I bought the whole thing (06A 133 789), don't think Forge make this hose for the BAM and AMK engines. You could remove it and have a quick look to see if it is split, mine had a mist of oil misting on the side of the intake mani so that gave it away for me lol

Thanks Sandip. I've ordered the Forge breather hose kit and brake vacuum hose all from Forge. Got so much to get fitted now, i've actually got a list!

is that to say the difference between organic rubber and synthetic silicon?

I know John, i just want custom map to suit my car, if i was to choose any plug and play i think it would be CC Phase2 or their new CC VVT Attack thing:)

3a-1.jpg

I changed all the ones with the red dot next to the part numbers. The amount of sludge in the pipes was pretty bad Troopa. If you haven't changed the E shaped hose i've marked with an arrow already i'd do that too, they split from the inside.

Hi Sandip,

Are all of the part numbers in the picture correct for AMK's? Thinking of replacing the lot with OEM parts. Any idea on cost?

Cheers,

ICE

Hi Sandip,

Are all of the part numbers in the picture correct for AMK's? Thinking of replacing the lot with OEM parts. Any idea on cost?

Cheers,

ICE

All the part numbers are good for the AMK/BAM engines, i replaced parts 783-AS, 783-BA and 783-AT with the Forge alternatives > Awesome - Forge Silicone Breather Hoses for the 225hp 1.8T.

These are the main ones i think you should change first as these are the ones that split with age which = boost leaks

I also changed 213-F, 247 and 245-A.

And i also changed the crankcase breather hose to this recently > Awesome - Forge Silicone Cam Cover Breather Hose VAG 1.8T 225

Prices (July)

06A-103-247 - £3.04

06A-103-213F - £19.93

904-673-01 - £3.21 (o ring for 213F)

035-103-245A - £6.12

06A-103-213AK - £32.00 (this is the tube what goes on the other end of 06A-103-247,it'll be brittle)

Forge breather hoses (3) - £27.97

Total - £92.27

Thanks Sandip. I think I have got all the correct part numbers. I am replacing all pipes with OEM and also replacing the suction pump (058-133-753-D - £18.71+VAT) and 06A-133-789 (£49.97+VAT).

Just wondered about:

06A-103-213AK - £32.00 (this is the tube what goes on the other end of 06A-103-247,it'll be brittle)

Mine looks OK at a glance. Can that pipe be easily replaced on it's own, or would I be better to do the whole lot at once?

Thanks again.

No it can be done after if you wanted, i just thought i'd mention it because it's a dealers only part and it'll take a day or to get lol

Hey Sandip, quick question, you know the E shaped hose, have you got the part number for it, as when looking on the system, they are only showing a U shaped one, has it been upgraded??

out of nowhere but in hoses and silicones...
i bought an autobahn88 tip for my AMK, didnt fit it yet, but at first look it doesnt seem to fit, the oem part is kind of bigger and longer....
didnt try yet.
thoughts?

out of nowhere but in hoses and silicones...
i bought an autobahn88 tip for my AMK, didnt fit it yet, but at first look it doesnt seem to fit, the oem part is kind of bigger and longer....
didnt try yet.
thoughts?

Get some pics up, if it's the right tip it should fit lol

As I'm planning on replacing the pipes myself, using the following guide: PCV valve and hose replacement for AMU engine (BWW and long) - AudiWorld Forums

What tools do I require? 10mm socket, 6mm allen key, 5mm allen key, then snips to cut original clips and screw driver for "c" clip and new new jubilee clips?

The guide makes it look quite straight forward to me, but scares me if the inlet manifold has to be removed. The guide suggests that having OEM small vacuum hoses might mean the inlet manifold will need to come off.

Has anyone found this to be the case?

Hi Sandip, no i haven't got any hoses split,just thought i'd change them anyway as slowly replacing a lot of things on the motor

I see, take the part numbers above to Audi and see if they are ok for yours (APY), the 3 Forge hoses could be the same, not sure though

Nice one cheers Sandip,going to put up a load of pics of my car soon as just spent over well over 3K on mods and a full respray

Ordered 06A 133 789 today, should have it tomorrow and will fit over the weekend and then see how I get on, if I need to get the rest of the pipes I will do accordingly and see what comes of it.

Thanks Sandip for posting this. I've just had my car serviced and i got an advisory for oil mist under the inlet manifold which they put down to split breather hoses.This will come in handy when i come to change them.

Cheers.