whats this and is it supposed to be like this?

danger S3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i had my wheels off for the first time yesterday (just got the car recently) and noticed this and wondered if u could shed some light as to what it might be, its in the front near side wheel arch

it worrys me a bit because its bent like that

any ideas?

2imag0028.jpg
2imag0028.jpg

2imag0029.jpg

cheers

No images for me mate. Not sure if it's the images, or my connection.

However, from your description, sounds like the headlight adjuster. There is only one on the passenger side, and yes it should look bent.

hhhmmm weird, the pics are showing up for me. aye well that sounds like the one as it goes up to a wee lever.
that's ok as long as its meant to be bent, ill move onto the finding the next thing now hehe

noe back to the nightmare task of wheel cleaning, i don't think the previous owner touched the insides of the wheels :-S

Thanks

hhhmmm weird, the pics are showing up for me. aye well that sounds like the one as it goes up to a wee lever.
that's ok as long as its meant to be bent, ill move onto the finding the next thing now hehe

noe back to the nightmare task of wheel cleaning, i don't think the previous owner touched the insides of the wheels :-S

Thanks

Thats not suprising mate, it may well be the connection here - it's filtered.

Its the xenon levelling sensor, one on each axle, when doing suspension work make sure that is either undone from lower arm so doesnt snap or the arms dont drop to snap it of.

hi guys, is there one on the back passenger side? i snapped mine when changing the spring on the rear, i got told its suspension levelling sensor lol!!!

hi guys, is there one on the back passenger side? i snapped mine when changing the spring on the rear, i got told its suspension levelling sensor lol!!!

Just checking, but you know it's for the headlights and not the suspension?

S3dave - the moderator has spoken......xenon levelling sensor
i.e your lights levelling sensor

I reckon its a pot hole detector aswell