A3 2.0 TDi review in Autocar

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
For anyone that is interested, there is an in depth review of the new A3 TDi (138bhp) in this weeks Autocar. Only just got a copy today, so not had a chance to fully read.

They put it head-to-head with the 320d Compact, and guess what... yep, your right, it lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Same old story, how the car drives.... they were more complimentry than usual, actually saying it was good, just FWD Vs RWD and you decide which will be better and that is true.

A lot of good things said about the interior (nothing new there then).

Why is there no 150bhp TDi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I will do a more complete review once I have read it.

I also got Autocar yesterday and read the article - I thought that Autocar were actually surprisingly complimentary about the A3, particularly considering how much they seem to dislike the current A3 and S3.

So, all in all, I thought it was quite a good read /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex.

Thanks for this ... I live in Germany and ordered this car on Monday ... with the optional 5 spoke parabol wheels ... can't believe I have to pay for extra wheels when the standard ones (in Germany anyway) are sh.t ... sometimes Audi do some silly things!

Welcome to the board huggie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You will be our first member to own a new A3, so any reviews and contributions will be truely welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you want a gallery creating for your new baby, let me know, and send me the pics when it arrives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome fellow dudes. I'm just out of Chemnitz 2000 ft above water level. Forgot to mention we collect the car from Ingolstadt 28 May so a painful wait! And also for your information, options are: black metalic pearl effect, air con, heated seats & mirrors (important here, esp. for a diesel), Bose, arm rest, winter wheels (a shame but Audi recommend thinner wheels for snow - should make the car look great ... not!). And the brochure says 140HP/PS (not 138?) and 320NM. My old car in New Zealand was an MTM 270HP S3 so going backwards now but still excited nevertheless ... I like the idea of having a brand new model. We plan to take the new 330cd for a drive next week just for interest so let's hope we don't fall in love with the 204HP(?) 410NM! Besides, this will be an old shape soon anyway. Better fly ... Huggie.