engine whine. whatever next.

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Just dropped my s3 down for a service and there had been a whine which has gradually been getting worse, and as I pulled up to the garage it was making a right racket... typical. Anyway Iv asked them to have a look and see if they can source the problem, I think its powersteering related as it seems to change note when steering. Could the powersteering pump be failing? or could the rack cause it, hope not as its had a new rack at 50k. Anybody had such an issue, I need to know best/worst case

hope its nothing too expensive:Flush:

lack of fluid or a leak letting air in. the racks should be pretty hardy

I agree with matt82, i had to top my fluid up the other day because it was whining..

it shouldnt go anywhere so find where its leaking... prolly where it joins the cooler tbh

well just collect the car after being shafted for a nice sum. All serviced with smooth doors and adjusted handbrake, feels lovely. Its come back with a few item for my attention. First off matt was right ad its leaking on the cooler, noise was just lack of fluid. There is also a few bulbs gone on the 3rd brake light and low on antifreeze. Also says 'front anti-roll bar collars broken'... the guy says i need a new antiroll bar. Perfect excuse for a bigger one maybe