My Second S3

Ian W

Reaction score
Picked it up Tuesday night - fully loaded with all the options bar Sat Nav and Ambient Lighting (I think)

Currently filthy, getting hit with the machine polisher at the weekend if its not raining.

Here are some bad pics..

SAM_0473.jpg

SAM_0477.jpg

SAM_0472.jpg

SAM_0470.jpg

Comments :think:

Looks nice mate Love the colour??

So are you glad you made to move to the facelift model?? Does it drive any better than the pre Facelift car??

Last edited:
Never seen a merlin purple S3 before looks lovely! Look forward to seeing her all polished up! Loved the finish you had on your last s3 mate

Wasn't sure how the colour was going to do down, pleased with the response !

Its strange, although basically the same car, it drives different to my pre-facelift, nice having the CD changer in the dash now aswell.

There should hopefully be a good updating of pictures over the next few weeks as I get cracking on it. I think it will look great waxed up.

very very nice mate..... you've done well there.....

so whats the difference between FL and non FL ;)

Very nice, in what way does it drive different, I think it could be down to the age and mileage difference that it feels different? i.e. if i was to replace all my shocks and bushes with brand new standard items im pretty sure it would feel differnet (well i'd hope it would)

Have you got the auto dip rear view mirror, anr 3rd rear head rest?

I like that colour too, reminds me of BMW Techno-Violet which is one of my all time favourite colours :)

Saw this on PH Classifieds, looks great and a lovely colour and quite unusual too.

Oooooo lovely colour!!! ambient lighting is those two little red light thingys thats meant to bathe the centre console in a warm glow i think

Lovely looking S3, very nice colour aswell!! Every time i see an 8L S3 i want one!
You got any plans for the car?

Looks cool, be surprised if you don't have the interior light pack and you have rear parking sensors.

Yes I am !

Update on the car - been machined this morning but the weather has turned now. Hopefully tomorrow it will be getting hit with the Werkstat.

im feelin that mate, rang bodyshop this morning as couldnt be ***** to wait for Audi coming back (and means ill have painted one of the two arches im claiming for)....chap might not be able to do it, i'll find out for sure on Tues :(

then had loads to do today, finally managed to give the car its first wash for two weeks at around 15.00 (normally weekly), clayed all but the bumpers and one side (that are to be painted) and got basecoat of werkstat prime on as it started to rain - booo to Britain

beer is calling

oh and if your a defo, remind me and ill bring you that paint to do ya climate buttons ;)