Top Mounts, Rear Spring Buts And Drop Links.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So im acquiring all the parts needed to renew my entire suspension set up and wanting a bit of advice.

What top mounts does everyone use? I've been looking at the compbrake ones but i cant justify £150 on top mounts.
Do people replace the rear spring buts (the rubber base that the rear spring sits on), mine look a bit tired so fought while im doing everything they may aswell go.
Lastly, do people just re-use their standard drop links when changing the ARB's or do they buy new ones?

I got my top mounts from eurocarparts made a hole lot of difference only cost ahoy £30 with the new bearings aswel
and change the drop links there only cheap

You going for coilovers? Ill come down and take you out tim once its all done, aiming to get it fitted late august early september, gives me time to get pieces etc.

na mate im just replacing the standard bushes.....but curious as to what to change and costs etc.....

Im going whole hog:

new powder coated lower wishbones with a mixture of oem and superflex
Arb bushes with superflex
Powder coated front arb and new 16mm arb.
New drop links and oem top mounts
Lower rear arms powder coated and adjustable upper arms, all with new poly bushes (off dave)

Should be good :)

sounds good mate....when ya gettin it all done by?

i just need to know costs and ease of fitting if i were to change my top mounts..... also gonna do my drops but they will be easy methinks :)

Well all depends on money situation mate, if i get my promotion then itll be done by end of august, if not september/october time.

I need to finish getting the bits, getting demon tweaks to fit it all aswell, Will work out about £200 ish, give or take £50 quid, that includes full coilover setup and 4 wheel alignement, awesome wanted £240 i think it was just to fit the coilovers :undwech:, couldnt believe it.

what due to cost? cos id sooner take my car there than Awesome

Cost and customer service, tbh i dont rate jbs at all, im not taking it to awesome either, their a rip off, im going to demon tweaks, didnt you read my other post lol!

Anyone know the actual name for the rear spring but's or a part number for them? Cant seem to find them anywhere which is strange!

Cost and customer service, tbh i dont rate jbs at all, im not taking it to awesome either, their a rip off, im going to demon tweaks, didnt you read my other post lol!

na sorry doood. Have you used JBS? i used them for my tracking and diagnostic session, they were spot on and relative to the local prices too......

na sorry doood. Have you used JBS? i used them for my tracking and diagnostic session, they were spot on and relative to the local prices too......

At first i was going to mate but ive heard too many bad things regarding them, not had a bad word about demon tweaks and their customer srvice has been spot on etc.

fair enough mate...... although i would personally let them do any work on mine as long as the price is right, they have plenty of competant guys down there and the issues relate to their telephone manners from what ive read.... i think Paul is the only one who's had issues regarding his hybrid unless you know of others?

fair enough mate...... although i would personally let them do any work on mine as long as the price is right, they have plenty of competant guys down there and the issues relate to their telephone manners from what ive read.... i think Paul is the only one who's had issues regarding his hybrid unless you know of others?

Yeah, heard from one or two people, i work with a kid whos mates with one of the guys at jbs, he mapped his a4 for him, may give them a call, will see, tbh though i doubt they'll beat demon tweaks price.

entirely up to you mate...... Demon tweeks are good no doubt but they dont have absolute knowledge on any one brand do they? just my 2 pence fella...... plus you have the fuel which will be over £50 on top to consider

im not pushing JBS, i just think that some people give them an unfair write up when they have been bitten by the 'garage syndrome' which means anything can go wrong - yet the garage always gets blamed regardless of the fact that they are working on a 10 year old car and didnt forsee that part going

entirely up to you mate...... Demon tweeks are good no doubt but they dont have absolute knowledge on any one brand do they? just my 2 pence fella...... plus you have the fuel which will be over £50 on top to consider

im not pushing JBS, i just think that some people give them an unfair write up when they have been bitten by the 'garage syndrome' which means anything can go wrong - yet the garage always gets blamed regardless of the fact that they are working on a 10 year old car and didnt forsee that part going

Petrol will be dear lol.

Well that's why im replacing everything to be fair, there's nothing that can hopefully go wrong haha, just rather do it all nar then mess about constantly replacing parts, least this way the suspension should be good for another good few years.

yeah know what ya mean..... well keep us posted

and let me know on those other bits :)

Little update, the rear spring buts are £35 including vat, tad dear but may aswell do it properly and not cut corners.

You have asked stoke audi for oem stuff haven't you? They will under cut any of the dealers and it wil come straight to your door